Mice, rodents, aaargh! (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We had a radiator fan replaced in S. France, which took the garage there nearly 2 weeks. But the engine alarm light remained almost permanently on for the 1,000km back and since. My local garage replaced various things, accelerator rheostat, glow plugs, diesel preheater plugs, still it remained on, but the van was getting worse, becoming almost undrivable. They've finally found that the wiring loom in the engine compartment is a total mess from rodent damage. The say they cannot find a nest in the van. It's being fixed right now, but I'm wondering where the rodent came from. We parked in our son's field in France while we stayed there. He had mice in the house presumably because the neighbour's field was being harvested whilst we were there. Or it could have been in the garage there, or the garage here, or indeed our drive.
I doubt it would have stayed that long. I haven't checked the insides or the van yet, of course there is food aboard, so that's the first place to check. This is a campervan, not a large MH.

What a drag!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If your lucky the engine bay will be well sealed and the damage may be confined to it. We had mice chew threw the diesel return pipes on top of the engine in Mrs Badknees car, only found by fuel pissing all over the road from underneath and I found a stash of bird food in the engine bay of my car but no damage thankfully.
Good luck in getting it sorted (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Little doubt is
would have been when it was field parked..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Just off to collect it. Sorted. I hope! Lord knows what the bill will be - it's been mounting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back