LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can someone tell me where to get peppermint oil from please... our chemists and supermarkets don't sell it... and do i wipe all the surfaces down with it or just sprinkle it around on the upholstery? Where do you put the white pepper ... inside on worktops and upholstery or in the engine?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can someone tell me where to get peppermint oil from please... our chemists and supermarkets don't sell it... and do i wipe all the surfaces down with it or just sprinkle it around on the upholstery? Where do you put the white pepper ... inside on worktops and upholstery or in the engine?

OH MOVAN.........Your BANKER is here again, but hey girl, you really leave your self open for it!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Right. Go to the sweet shop, and buy half a pound of peppermints. If you look closely, you will see a small sump plug beneath each one. Carefully unscrew the plug, and drain the oil within into a small glass.
CAUTION! DO NOT attempt to start the peppermint's engines until you refill with new oil. :winky:XX

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tkly

Free Member
Nov 27, 2009
Near Stonehenge
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
9 Years
Peppermint oil

you can get good peppermint oil from Nealsyardremidies.com or their shop if there is one nearby

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI Movan, We have our MH standing inside jacked off the ground, and we sprinkle the white pepper all around on the floor and on the steps of the cab and entry door of hab area,we have never used on our upholstery and never had any prob s of mice or other in or around ours, we have used this method for many years and also when we are wintering down in warm climes we also use this method with results, hope this helps you,Regards Alf.:thumb:

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Even after you have caught a couple, keep the traps baited and only if they have been untouched for a couple of weeks should you remove them. I had an infestation in my garage last winter and caught 18 of the b*ggers. I have rebaited a few of the traps just in case any decide to spend winter in the warm!::bigsmile:

(BTW Peanut butter is the bait of choice - they can't remove it from the trap, so have to stay a while, then WHAM :whatthe: !)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back