MH with rear longitudinal drop down bed (1 Viewer)

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks, I'm trying to narrow the choices down..
Ideally I'm looking for < 7.5 MTRS MH with front lounge / dinette and rear lounge with drop-down longitudinal bed and ALDE heating for max of 55k ..

I think it's asking a lot but if anyone can think of something it would be great, I've looked online but I'm struggling ... My original plan was a 2020 Bailey 74-2 but we think we'll find the French bed hard going .

Cheers, Stuart

Solution
We have a Rapido 7066ff.
Alde heating, Alko heavy chassis, just a tad over 7.5m long. Nice rear bathroom for the ladies privacy šŸ˜‚
16C8E027-85C4-4F95-8FCA-6DE526438A9A.png
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
No expert here but are you saying that you are looking for a rear drop down longitudinal bed, does such a design exist or am I just reading it wrong :unsure:
Your post gets another mention though (y)

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I think one of the new Bailey Adamos has rear lounge with drop down bed option, don't think it's Alde heating though.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Hi Stuart o I think that you may have to make some compromises but maybe not huge ones. Assuming that the cab is 2m+ long and so would the rear longitudinal bed, that only leaves 10ā€™ to squeeze in a dining area, kitchen, entrance and bathroom. Spin the rear bed though 90 degrees and your options open up. Bailey, Chausson 611 and Benimar 282 worth a look. Burstner and Rapido 9084df also offer a similar layout but budget could be the constraint. I would suggest that you may have to investigate upgrading the running order of all of these from 3.5t to get a useful (legal ?) payload.
Heating, well I am no expert but the Truma heating in our neighbours 7m van seems to work every bit as well as our Alde so I personally wouldnā€™t right off a van just for that.
If a rear lounge is a must, but a drop down bed over the dinette is acceptable, the options become significantly greater.
Donā€™t know how many people are going to be travelling with you, but as an owner of a rear lounge van, storage can be challenging, especially with kids and their paraphernalia. Just saying.
Good luck with your search. Half of the fun of motorhoming is finding the right one, and then once you have it, looking for the next one!
šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

AandA

Free Member
Sep 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
2020 Newbies
Chausson 711 Travel Line might be worth a look although bed is probably transverse and heating Truma? We came close to buying but couldn't find one at the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stuart o

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all, and I take all your comments in ..
Think I'll up budget to 60 K and maybe look at recent-ish A class options with chassis upgrade . It would help if we could access showrooms but I'm pretty restricted up in N Scotland regardless of the covid saga . I'll narrow it down and when things open up I'll do some travelling to the bigger dealers and see first hand.

Upvote 0

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We have a Rapido 7066ff.
Alde heating, Alko heavy chassis, just a tad over 7.5m long. Nice rear bathroom for the ladies privacy šŸ˜‚
16C8E027-85C4-4F95-8FCA-6DE526438A9A.png

Upvote 1
Solution

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back