Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The van has to in for warranty work, they found damp beside the side kitchen window, water coming in from gully outside and the seal not good enough to keep it out.
Bad on a van just 18 months old eh?
Thought there were woodworm struggling to get out by the look of the wall with lots of tiny pitted bubbles didn't look like damp but they must have found it with the meter.
As it has to go in for 3 days we struggled to find anywhere to stay and was going to ask if anyone has a static van to rent in the Eastbourne area as the dealer is at Hailsham and didn't want to be trapped in a cl somewhere with nothing to do and no transport.
Bit of a nightmare when you are fulltiming and it brings it home to you that you have to have a back up plan, just lucky that we have gone 3 and half years, and lucky that it wasn't high season or we would be paying the earth for a weeks rental somewhere :Sad:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We had a year-old Elddis once that leaked like a sieve!
The warranty work took 9 months to complete very badly! I actually resealed it afterwards myself because it still leaked!
Good luck!:cry:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't know about statics but there is a very cheap travelodge in Eastbourne, right on the seafront, which might be cheaper for just 3 nights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back