MH Friendly Cooked Oyster Recipe Anyone? (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are on the Île d'Oléron in France and I have an urge to try some oysters. Sadly, following a notorious (in our family :)) episode with raw oysters in the past I can't risk raw ones again.

So I'm looking for a simple cooked oyster recipe. We've got an oven, grill and the usual pans.

Looking online the recipes are mostly quite complicated for cooked oysters which would be fine at home, but not so much in the van.

One "recipe" suggested putting whole oysters in the oven on a baking tray until they open but this seems a bit too simplistic.

I'm looking for something in between the extremes. Perhaps grill them with a bit of cheese on top?

Any easy COOKED oyster recipes would be appreciated. :)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I went down the route of the raw oyster on the recommendation of the french lady in britanny selling them :sick::sick::sick:
I'll follow this with interest

• Love It
Reactions: DBK
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Yep...a but expensive though but dead simple. Champagne on top of oysters properly opened, a bit of home made... Errr panure...you have to get that one translated, and I think It s 5 MNS in the oven, try 10 if not enough. I ve got to look up on French sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Thanks
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yep...a but expensive though but dead simple. Champagne on top of oysters properly opened, a bit of home made... Errr panure...you have to get that one translated, and I think It s 5 MNS in the oven, try 10 if not enough. I ve hot to look up on French sites
Thank you. Panure are bread crumbs I think, a lot of the recipes I found use them. Not sure if we can afford the champagne :) but a dry white wine should work. :)

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Deleted User
Thank you. Panure are bread crumbs I think, a lot of the recipes I found use them. Not sure if we can afford the champagne :) but a dry white wine should work. :)

Sacrilege cooking oysters!! :) .......but if you must, try a Cremant de Loire or any other Cremant, just as good as Champagne or a nice Cava.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Buerre Blanc sauce...
Rockefeller - parmesan, spinach... pernod.
Buffalo - marinated in Franks Red Hot sauce, battered & fried.
[suspect not much oyster taste in that one!]
Wrapped in bacon & baked.

BROKEN LINK

• Thanks

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Bread crumbs, grated Cheese and finely diced cubes of ham. mix all three together place on top of opened oysters, the breadcrumbs soak up all that lovely liquid, pop onto barbque until they start to bubble

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Thanks

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Make a Tempura batter, let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

Make a Lemon mayonnaise, Shell the Oysters, dip the Oysters in the Temupra batter, fry a few seconds either side (until light brown) serve with the Lemon Mayo straight from the sizzling pan in small batches

Washed down with as Dry a white you can get

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back