MH finally arrived, now what?? (1 Viewer)

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok so we're parked on the drive and now what? :Eeek: Do we play around for a couple of weeks and load with lots of useless goodies or do we take the essentials and just get on the road?

Jackie :Smile::Smile:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Load up and get away for a few days get used to the van and sort out any problems.:Smile:

Good luck and enjoy :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Spend a nights or two on your drive, cooking, eating sleeping. Relaxing watching TV etc. Its amazing how many little trips you'll make into the house getting your inventory right, then get outa there:thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Try as many things on the MH out as you can while parked on drive. Make sure water heater, fridge, freezer, TV all work. Wind out your awning and wind it in again (I drove 20kms home with the winding handle bungeed to the side of the vehicle as I couldn't get it out of the winding hole!!) Check that the water fill and empty and toilet cassette all work OK then off you go.

Enjoy!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
get away for a few days and "always" have a note pad and pen in the dashboard... then as you miss things or want an item note it down. when u get home review your notes. i use it if i see a new toy or someone with a great idea i want to follow up..:winky:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Had my new van in January.. week later was on route to Spain..
Get out there and use it... Anywhere near Shrewsbury ??? come to the rally..

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have been messing around on the drive & am actually catching people stopping & watching us! We'd love to come to Shrewsbury but are waiting to see if OH needs to work Fri night, oh and I dont like Fray Bentos pies, but will load up with the beer. Good idea about checking toilet & shower etc, that can be tonights entertainment.

Thanks Guys,
Hope to see you all soon,

Jackie

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Have been messing around on the drive & am actually catching people stopping & watching us! We'd love to come to Shrewsbury but are waiting to see if OH needs to work Fri night, oh and I dont like Fray Bentos pies, but will load up with the beer. Good idea about checking toilet & shower etc, that can be tonights entertainment.

Thanks Guys,
Hope to see you all soon,

Jackie

Don't like FB pies. :whatthe: Off to the naughty corner for you. :ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Checklist

Download the checklists on here it's a good pointer to what you need.::bigsmile:

We did that and on our first trip out still found loads of things we need,
only way is get out there and then find out what you dont have.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
FB pies come in many different varieties, there are also kate and sidney puddings, yummy. The beauty of them is they are in a tin, don't need to be kept in a fridge or a freezer, and instant meal for anytime you get stuck away unexpectedly or break down in the middle of a desert, whatever. Everlasting food in a can, you can't go wrong. Welcome to the site by the way.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
First night or two on the drive then off and ENJOY:thumb:
terry

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
The beauty of them is they are in a tin, and instant meal for anytime you get stuck away Everlasting food in a can, you can't go wrong.

You can go wrong if you don't have an oven like us Roger!!:cry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You BOIL S&K puddings, surely everybody knows that!

They ought to do canned Spotted Dick too. Which you'd obviously have with a tin of custard .... :ROFLMAO:

I'm slightly more refined actually. We always have 1 tin of Stewed Steak, I of spuds and 1 of carrots (I mean we usually have more than 1 tin of carrots but the point being....) you can undo the cans, drain the veg, lob the contents in one pan, heat it and you always have an instant meal. Which you eat out of a bowl with a spoon. You can even dip bread in it if you have any.

It may not be Gordon Blue, but it's hot food in a hurry. LOL

We've done that many a time arriving late somewhere when we've gone after work on a Friday or something and it's gone dark by the time we've pitched the tent or whatever.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jenny us too:thumb: but we also have onions,glug of red wine and ready made pastry,but also have a oven ::bigsmile: It has got to the point where I now hardly ever buy a pie meal in the pub because very few are as good as the home made (tinned ::bigsmile:)ones :thumb:
Until we got a van we would never have dreamed of using tinned steak :whatthe: now we even open the odd tin at home :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
MH food on the go

And here was me thinking it was gonna be lavish barbecues & fancy local fare every night, the fairytale slips away with every thread I read......

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
And here was me thinking it was gonna be lavish barbecues & fancy local fare every night, the fairytale slips away with every thread I read......

Take heart-last night,on campsite at Wolverly, we had sardines marinated in chile and garlic from Sainsburys washed down with a cheeky Catalonian white left over from the Marjal rally followed by a selection of French cheeses (a Pinot Noir went well with them) and.finally a coffee with Spanish brandy ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We took ours away for a weekend as soon as we got it, couldn't resist, didn't go too far so if we had not got something it wouldn't matter too much. Kept a list of things we missed and got them when we got back. Didn't think about camping on the drive but that sounds like a good idea.:RollEyes:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Dont worry Jackie, when the fairy tale is over the fun starts:winky::winky: and a tin of this and a tin of that does wonders for your waist line:thumb::roflmto: have a great time, i do. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back