MH Facts. Is this a Scam message? (1 Viewer)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am about to go to work - I have been child sitting all morning waiting to do the afternoon/ evening shift.

I have done quite a lot of work for Hackney over the years so I would probably have a conflict anyway about pointing out any howlers in the contract;)
I have been having a "discussion" with them because on Monday 8th they phoned and invited us to interview on Friday 19th. When I chased them for interview schedule, questions and panel details on Wednesday 10th I was told it would be out in the next couple of days! On Thursday 11th they phoned and said they were withdrawing their offer to interview us because procurement had said that we were too far out on price. I asked them to put this in writing together with why they had offered an interview and withdrawn and a copy of their appeals process. Yesterday Head of Procurement phoned me very apologetic and said that they had found out only that day that the process hadn't been followed correctly and asking me to attend an interview, I suggested that the timings were now unfair as other contractors had extra time to prepare and I have been given an extension until Wednesday 24th. I know I wont get the contract and to be honest I'm not sure that I want it, but I wont let the council walk all over a charity.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Paul, its the full URL to that site that is blocked and for good reason. To be perfectly blunt, If this ruins your fun please let me know and I'll organise a refund for you right away.

I'm a bit too long in the tooth to let such a thing spoil my fun, I was just expressing an opinion. I'll keep quiet now.

Reactions: Jim
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Got mine today as well.

Little tip for you if you want a techy solution to this problem.

Register your own domain name, you can then have anything before the @

For me I registered with facts as mhfacts34@mydomain.com

If I start getting spam to that email address I either delete the email address or change it to mhfacts45@mydomain.com

I do this with everything I sign up for. So when I get a spam email addressed to one of my mail accounts I know exactly who is responsible and can cut them off.

For instance one supplier I bought some items off sold my email address on and I started getting bombarded with related emails from other companies. I deleted that mail account and black listed them as a supplier. I notified them that I would never buy off them again and would be blogging, social media and forum posting about them and their practices. I explained how I knew it was them and created a fresh mailbox for them to reply to... They never responded but that mailbox also started getting UCE emails.

This solution is not for everyone, if you don't use email much then a bit of spam is probably not an issue. Because of my system I get no spam except when one of my friends gets compromised.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say that changing people's posts because you can when we pay to be members of this site goes against the grain.

Paul

Would you be happy with a load of foul language ?

It's a fine line in an open forum, which FUN treads to perfection.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm a bit too long in the tooth to let such a thing spoil my fun, I was just expressing an opinion. I'll keep quiet now.
Paul you are more than welcome to express your opinions so please don't let that put you off but this is about the only thing that Jim insists on in relation to MHFacts, or indeed any other site (ie changing links). He does get a bit 'twitchy' when MHFacts (sorry Jim!) are mentioned though especially as they do some rather, IMV, underhand things to try to acquire new members of their forum by pretending to be MHFun ... so you commenting on this in particular was a bit like you going up to him and poking him in the ribs! :eek: Jim's a sensitive sole at times, even though he doesn't look like it! :D

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Got mine today as well.

Little tip for you if you want a techy solution to this problem.

Register your own domain name, you can then have anything before the @

For me I registered with facts as mhfacts34@mydomain.com

If I start getting spam to that email address I either delete the email address or change it to mhfacts45@mydomain.com

I do this with everything I sign up for. So when I get a spam email addressed to one of my mail accounts I know exactly who is responsible and can cut them off.

For instance one supplier I bought some items off sold my email address on and I started getting bombarded with related emails from other companies. I deleted that mail account and black listed them as a supplier. I notified them that I would never buy off them again and would be blogging, social media and forum posting about them and their practices. I explained how I knew it was them and created a fresh mailbox for them to reply to... They never responded but that mailbox also started getting UCE emails.

This solution is not for everyone, if you don't use email much then a bit of spam is probably not an issue. Because of my system I get no spam except when one of my friends gets compromised.
That's a cracking idea, Gromett. I have my own domain names for various purposes and will adopt your approach from now on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back