MH Commercial use - Lessons learnt (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
You should try driving over it in a cross wind.
We were travelling along being buffeted by a strong wind then we came around the bend in the motorway and there it was... No chance to stop, turn back or go around. 😲😨😰🤮
I swore I will never drive over it again in a motorhome.
🤔
We have done that bridge on several occasions, in the m/h, in the m/h with a trailer and on the m/bike. Interesting is one way to describe it. :rolleyes:

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We have done that bridge on several occasions, in the m/h, in the m/h with a trailer and on the m/bike. Interesting is one way to describe it. :rolleyes:
Back in the 80's I did in as a passenger in an empty furniture lorry.
We were the last high sided vehicle permitted through on that day.
Three times the wheels on the windward side lifted off the ground!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
In the previous post which you my not have seen, the MH will be replated as a commercial vehicle as a "Living van" with a Tachometer. At the events we attend VOSA regularly arrive and examine vehicles and give prohibition notices. So we always make sure all our vehicles are correct and we are within the limits especially considering one of my previous occupations :giggle:

Making it a commercial vehicle has its drawbacks and benefits. The major benefit is being able to claw back the VAT, vehicle tax and the other costs. There won't be any personal tax implications as we are so busy all year round, there is little time to take a MH away for a holiday.
If you go over 3500kgs you will need a tachograph fitted if using for business. If you stay under you will not. If you then add a tow bar & tow a trailer & total weight is over 3500kgs you need a tacho again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Yes I can appreciate four adults in a motorhome is a stretch.
Six adults would be intolerable, for me anyway.
Irrespective of what the manufacturer says, a couple with two small kids is about the maximum realistically in most motorhomes.
For the perfect motorhoming experience I would question even one small kid.... :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back