Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I thought all motor homes, like cars came with aerials, have always used the TV abroad for DVDs but as we've decided to go to the Lake District I thought I'd watch tv. No it's a snow storm. We have a wifi boost. But no aerial

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
If, like ours, your motorhome came with a TV, then there may well be an aerial somewhere - it's not always obvious, and may well need intervention before it works!! For example, our motorhome came with a TV aerial in the top of the cupboard, that needs to be pushed up, oriented in the right direction (look at nearby houses, and copy theirs), and the right orientation (vertical or horizontal - again, local houses or, as it's either one or the other, try both!). There is also a signal booster with ours, which needs to be turned on (red light showing), before you get a usable signal for the TV. We had no documentation supplied, but googling the maker's name led us to documentation on their website.

If the TV is your addition, you will need to get your own aerial, and you can get one at most camping shops! Hope this helps.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
From your avatar you haven't got one! :)
But it might just be the angle the photograph was taken from. Take another using step ladders. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
If you are already in the Lake District the mountains can get in the way. That's why many camp sites up there have TV connections available to plug into.

Reactions: DBK

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Sat dish every time. About 60% of M/Home TV Aerial are as much good as a blow up doll with a puncture

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
If You do have an aireal , you will also have a booster in the same cupboard ( which will need to be switched on each time & off at the end

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You DO have to retune the tv EVERY time you move to a new area.
Different transmitters transmit channels on different frequencies

If you have never used your tv to watch live tv, which it appears the case, it will never have been tuned at all.

Try a retune and see if that helps.

Reactions: DBK
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi icy
If you don't have an aerial which I don't think you have try the Avtex STH3000 not cheap but good.
This aerial has a built in amplifier which needs a 12v supply. If you have a Avtex TV you need to use the powered aerial setting. If you use any other make of TV it has the means within the kit to power the aerial.
Although I have a sat system I always carry mine just in case of trees and have had to use it several times.
Colin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back