MetaTrak (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Good morning all, anyone else having problems opening their metatrak app to disable the non starter . I am being asked for a password which I don’t have ,don’t remember ever being asked for one before but according to the man at the metatrak emergency number there has been a google update which is the problem but he can’t deal with password resets. Now this is not a major problem for me the vans on the drive and not required just yet but I am thinking it might be a problem for any one that’s away so this is just a heads up . There is no one at metatrak to deal with the problem until Monday or so I am told .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I guess it’s not a problem if you have the password but quite a problem if you don’t .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
app was updated, password used when app installed and first setup required but as already stated if you don't know it your stuffed..

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I can just leave it on the drive until everyone comes back from the holidays then I will get a new password so not a problem for me but it was just a heads up for anyone else ?

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
As I keep any emails that I think might have some value, I had a look and as stated the username and password are sent from Metatrak BUT the first thing you have to do is change the password to your own.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Mine has opened the app as normal.
Not that I'm going anywhere.
Was just curious.
Mine had lost both userid and password details post automatic app update on iPad. Manually invoked the same app update on iPhone and the result was the same.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Checks he has UserID & Pasword
Checks MetaTrak update history

Android app updated yesterday - bug fix (?) - all seems fine.

Wonder if issue is OS related, hardware related... or MetaTrak causing bigger problems trying to fix a bug...

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
This is all I get when I open the app .
C8FB1A92-FAF1-433F-8B37-E761A97C06F5.png

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Their site seems to say they were sent in an email to you when you started the service, so maybe check old emails.

would you believe I usually don’t keep many emails especially from 3 years ago but thought it was worth a look . Bingo there it it was under a very obscure file name so I am back on ,excellent ?

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Updated Android app. Logged in OK with no request for authorization. Can disarm and rearm non starter.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago and found my password in an old email........as per other folks experience.

Aug 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur.
Exp
Since 2019
Sounds like it could be OS specific to me if all ok on Android.
Hi
I have an iPhone, I had the same issue so I went back to the email metatrak sent when it was first set up, the username is there but you have to set your own password, the rules of the password are a symbol capital letter, lowercase letter and a number. hth
There's also a contact number, if you didn't keep the email let me know.
Dave

Aug 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur.
Exp
Since 2019
Just checked and I’m locked out, no email, so no password.

Mickey.
Hi Mikey
The contact number on the email is 44(0)203 332 0121. This number is for the contact details in the email being wrong, but I'm sure they can help with a customer services number, the problem is the time of year, they may be on holiday.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
This is why I have both my phone and PC set to notify me of updates, but not install them automatically. For updates to "critical" apps such as this I wait a few days to see if any bugs are reported by early adopters. Thank you all (y) ;)

When I was notified that the Metatrak update had been released on 24th December, I thought that was just asking for trouble. Releasing an update right before the Christmas shutdown :whatthe:

Sods law means there's bound to be a problem. It's often the case that no matter how much in house testing is done, sometimes bugs only reveal themselves when released to the wider user base.

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
I had same issue but password and username stored in Apple Keychain so I can always access them
It’s simply impossible to have a secure, unique password for every site - and remember them, so something like Keychain or Lastpass if not a Mac user, is invaluable I reckon

Aug 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur.
Exp
Since 2019
I had same issue but password and username stored in Apple Keychain so I can always access them
It’s simply impossible to have a secure, unique password for every site - and remember them, so something like Keychain or Lastpass if not a Mac user, is invaluable I reckon
It is a problem for sure. I have a phrase, one that I keep to myself, for eg Today I went on 5 red buses to motorhome. You take the first letter of every word and the first letter is a capital and the last letter is the site. Does this make sense or is it rubbish lol.
Dave

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
It is a problem for sure. I have a phrase, one that I keep to myself, for eg Today I went on 5 red buses to motorhome. You take the first letter of every word and the first letter is a capital and the last letter is the site. Does this make sense or is it rubbish lol.
Dave

Yep that can work ?.. but looking in my keychain I have 203 username and password combinations, so I need help

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Same problem for us this morning on iOS, fortunately we have the user ID and password saved.
Seems crazy to do any kind of update over the holidays when tech support is on leave and not available.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Is this only for the non starter?

We have meta Trak tracking and use a pin code?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back