Metal tyre valves - reputable seller? (1 Viewer)

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
It is now time to replace the two front tyres - 225 x 75 x 16 and the cheapest I can find is Continental Campers at Kwikfit for £118 each. What I can't find are metal valves - bolt in for alloys. All the tyre companies want me to have what they have, i.e. not metal. Has anyone bought the valves and been happy with them in terms of quality and if so from where? Thanks.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you already got metal valves, if you have you just need nee inserts.

OP
OP
Chaumo

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, already have metal valves. I didn't know if the inserts were standard to replace and whether that was the 2nd best option.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
The first ones I had the fitter insisted on fitting them and was very reasonable on price.
The second van had rubber valves and I lost a tyre because the valve failed and the fitter said rubber valves should not be used in the South of France over 60psi but could not supply them.
I finally found them in Moho accessory shop for about a fiver each but then had to hunt for somebody to fit them. Finally Norauto did it for a nominal sum.
My latest van came with them fitted. Try cruising round the tyre places or Moho accessory shops or look online, I am sure you will find them. I certainly would not use rubber again. I have had no problem at all with my alloys.
Steve

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Just had some motorhome tyres fitted by Kwikfit today. I have metal valves and the replacement of the valve 'inners' was included in the price.

... by the way - I have an unused 215/70R15 Continental Camper tyre for sale if anyone is interested - see entry in 'General Classifieds'

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
On replacing a Conti Camper tyres in France, they insisted I have metal valves, which were not cheap and charged as additional items. 15" Conti's in France I found hard to locate if you should go looking for them, or I could have been unlucky in the three huge tyre companies I tried before getting them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back