Metal storage draw b544 (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Is there a specific reason why the slide out draw on the nearside of the B544 is made from metal?

There isn't any drainage from the draw, I was just wondering what the general use of this draw is for everyone?

I am currently putting the hose, watering can and tool kit in there

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Is it a Beeny Box? I wasn't aware that 544 had these as an item,why not drill a few drain holes in the bottom and paint the drilled areas with rust inhibitor.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Is it a Beeny Box? I wasn't aware that 544 had these as an item,why not drill a few drain holes in the bottom and paint the drilled areas with rust inhibitor.

Not sure what a Beeny / Beanie Box is /does?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
beanie box was a company that designed and fitted drawers into the side skirts of motorhomes and horseboxes etc. to do this they cut a section from the skirt below floor level and installed their drawer or box then refitted the cutaway part of the skirt as a drawer front.

theyre great for carrying hoses and cables but can suffer from rusting due to the position they are in being subject to road debris and spray. as suggested drill a couple of hole to act as drains but make sure you seal the cut edges to resist rust

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back