Met max (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Max is a great name, I can sympathise with him having a "bad boy name" as a kid I was always Val unless I did something wrong then I was Valerie.! The sound of my full name still makes me anxious today.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I went out to put the netting on top of the the hen run and all he done was look out the window whining
Just got to tarp it off now so it dose not turn in to a swap it's was ok when the hen's had the full run of the garden their in a 8 m x 4,8 run for 5 hens that should be enough till chicken lock down is over in the spring
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If your Cocker is anything like mine, the more you ignore it the more it wants to be with you. Mine is very wary of anyone who wants to make a fuss of him, but sit still and ignore him and will come and sit by your leg and ask to be your mate. Odd boy, but maybe Jay is trying too hard.
Good luck with him.
He certainly has imprinted on jay as it is jay will be taking him for most of his walks and tend's to let him know when he want's out rather than me
i am relay pleas he only had two mistake's in the time we have had him only one poo when he first cam in to the house and a wee today at the door.
he's rely smart and is letting us know normally when he want's out but jay has had him for three walk today.
bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
He is lovely Bill, there's nothing on earth that'll give you unconditional love as a dog.
Try locking your wife & your dog in the boot of the car for 30mins then open it up & see which one os pleased to see you :unsure:
I think that's a myth ... no-one would survive trying to lock their wife in the boot! :giggle:

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Yes looks like a working cocker to me too. We have a 15 month old golden and white working cocker called Bracken, a fantastic dog, very intelligent but needing constant exercise. Cockers tend to love searching for stuff, so I would suggest Jay teaches Max to sit and stay, while he hides little treats around the house. Then tell Max to find and I bet his tail will be a blur with all the wagging. We do that two or three times a week and also around the garden when the weather is better.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes looks like a working cocker to me too. We have a 15 month old golden and white working cocker called Bracken, a fantastic dog, very intelligent but needing constant exercise. Cockers tend to love searching for stuff, so I would suggest Jay teaches Max to sit and stay, while he hides little treats around the house. Then tell Max to find and I bet his tail will be a blur with all the wagging. We do that two or three times a week and also around the garden when the weather is better.
I play that game with Tazzy (not a cocker), when she goes out for a mid-evening wee when she comes in I get a couple of small treats and hide them in the lounge in various places an she enjoys hunting for them ... she likes them being put on the sofa under a mound of cushions so she can throw them all off as she snuffles underneath them! :giggle:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ok that' him pushing his luck now chewed my homer sleeper's now hes chewed five pares of shock's puled then off the drying wrack.
luckily for him there not my woolly ones doggy confinement when i go to bead in the cage he goes it's the law in our house no one touches granddads shocks sentanced to a night in the cage
Tom Hanks GIF by News of the World

bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
grate game i could not catch him to put him in to his cage so i hid some treat's in his bead in he went closed the cage locked up for the night? :)
bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ok that' him pushing his luck now chewed my homer sleeper's now hes chewed five pares of shock's puled then off the drying wrack.
luckily for him there not my woolly ones doggy confinement when i go to bead in the cage he goes it's the law in our house no one touches granddads shocks sentanced to a night in the cage
Tom Hanks GIF by News of the World

bill
I have to ask Bill .. shocks ... are they 'socks' or 'jocks'? :LOL:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mmmm - I remember the guard dogs they had at a scrapyard my first husband worked at for a while as a teenager. One, an Alsatian bitch - Lady - had previously been owned by persons from the Indian sub continent, She soon settled in, they all loved her and she instinctively knew that when they chained her up again at night was when she became a guard dog. Otherwise she roamed free. One day an Indian had called in to see if they'd got a whatever he needed for his car, and was talking to one of the owners but both their feet were obscured by some loose tyres between them and Lady. Customer idly kicked a tyre at the bottom as they chatted when Lady lunched herself at him, flattened him and stood over him growling with teeth bared. She'd caught his leg moving and thought he was kicking Gren. Took 4 of them including Gren, to get her to release him, poor bloke!

Very fortunately, he wasn't hurt - but after that they always warned any other similar chaps as soon as the appeared - to make sure they stayed in full view of her and if they didn't, they wouldn't accept responsibility. (I think they'd have had to, legally. But anyway - it certainly spoke volumes about 'why' she was so twitchy with them, when the old gal's kidneys failed 12 months later and they had to have her put out of her misery. We were all sad cos she should have been so so beautiful.)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I am sure you knew what i meant ! :(
bill
I love your posts Bill as they always raise smile :* ... thinking about it though I don't suppose your Mrs wouldn't permit you to have a clothes horse with loads of your 'jocks' hanging on them so I'll go with socks. ::bigsmile: One of our dogs loved to try to nick pants ... its one of the lesser pleasant habits some dogs have! :wondering:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
When i got back from the hospital who is at the window of the living room with his lead in his mouth tale going
I was not there for jay this morning as i had to leave before him but jay say's he had sat at his feet with lead in mouth think that's the walk hint and he has not been trained that not by us anyway
When i went to pick jay up from school he almost jumped through the glass when he seen him out the back window think hes fund his forever family
But he dose not like jim'y with the big car that takes jay away in the morning lyn says he barked like mad at him.
He takes jay when i am at hospital or not feeling well after my visit's sum times in the Bentley limo
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Went to the vets today a he has now been chipped and jagged he was not very unpressed with the temperature check.
When i went i had to weight out side till the receptionist called us in full masked up we were seen in a room the veterinary nurse lifted max on to the table.
He was looking a bit stressed when he was taken away from me looking at me his temp was taken not very impressed with that then a scan to see if he had a chip no chip.
General health check he has a slight mermor on his hart that will nead further investigation as he thinks i could be grade 2 or sumthing
Nails clipped and even though we have fled him and bathed him he still has sum we have been given him worming tablets and sum of that drop on flee drops.
felt a bit bad that he still has them as i though we had got rid of them his skin is heeling well the vet says.
No worries there it should clear up fairly soon just iteration from the fleas he dose not like taking tablet's but reluctantly swallowed it when i held his mouth closed and and blew on his nose job done :)
Hes on two week lock down now or lead walks only not that we can let him of the lead he tend's to run off.
still not settled her yet but settling nicely from what i can see think it will take a few weeks.
bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Bill, I'd hang fire on the heart murmur issue as this can often resolve itself and 'disappear' once a dog is back to full health or gets a bit older ... we had this with one of our dogs when she was younger and later it was no longer there.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill, I'd hang fire on the heart murmur issue as this can often resolve itself and 'disappear' once a dog is back to full health or gets a bit older ... we had this with one of our dogs when she was younger and later it was no longer there.
Ok thanks but he is over a year old now we have appointment in two weeks to see if his skin issue has resounded ok so he will get checked over then.
The vet did say it could just be he has not grown to well owing to his neglect and poor diet he was slightly under weight sowing showing signs of poor nutrition
he is on a working dog mix now the same stuff we used to feed our springier and she lived till 16.5 years.
And was very rarely at the vet hes going to take a bit of work to get him healthy but i don't think it will take long.
bill

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Only just read the thread from the start..
So sorry, how are you all!. Poor Jay...at least Max was loved at last..

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
So sorry to hear that Bill. Was really enjoying your journey with Max and seeing how he was getting on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back