Messner Mountain Museums Anybody been ? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Whilst virtually planning some more trips when we are able too I came across the Messner Mountain Museums which are a group of six museums across the Dolomites in Italy and South Tyrol in Austria by renowned Mountaineer Reinold Messner.

Each Museum is unique looking at Mans relationship to Mountains and Messner's own history including some new and old facilities in some stunning and remote locations. Each Museum generally can be accessed by cable car or walking.

Has anybody visited any of the museums or have any tips on visiting those regions ?
1589096971371.png

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Back in the late 1980's i met the man himself in a remote mountain hut in Austria.
An interesting evening was had, he mostly wanted to discuss politics rather than climbing.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
Snap! One of my hero’s. I bumped into him in a tea house in Nepal in the late ‘80s. Really interesting evening listening to him talk about his motivation. Very modest. Fiercely intelligent. But you could detect his drive and sense of purpose. One of the all time mountaineering greats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back