Message sent to Warners a moment ago (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just sent this in reply to a mail I received expecting me to book early for Lincoln

Thank you for the message..
Owing to the huge hike in the cost of attending it is unlikely we will bother ever again
Offering a £10 discount off a price that has been raised by more than that amount is little short of a scam.. There was no mention of the price hike in your mail concerning the discount if we attended this years Lincoln show, and to say I ( and many many others ) are upset is an understatement
People are already voting with their wallets and I will be joining them as I have little wish to further support any firm that thinks such tactics are acceptable

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don’t know the price details and without that reply with some caution

but if you can book for next year for a similar price to what we would have paid for this year, you seem unduly upset

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You get 4 nights camping, chance to meet up with old friends, access to the show, free entertainment in a choice of 2 venues other than Saturday night main stage, all in for £70 according to their web site so possibly £60 with early booking discount, good value in my view but we are all different.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Really angers me where they put FREE such and such.................it's not bloody free, it's built in to the price.

Some things on fleabay say "free collection", what, it's free for me to come to your place to pick item up, thanks very much.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How much more than £10 was their ‘price hike’ and over what period?
Price has gone up £13 for the same period

£60 with early booking discount
They are NOT offering an early booking discount

but if you can book for next year for a similar price to what we would have paid for this year, you seem unduly upset

Ok.. For those that do not know...
If you booked for Lincoln this year, they offered a refund OR, if you let the booking stand, a £10 discount of off of next years booking
Still trying to support the traders we opted to go to this years show even though there were far fewer traders, no entertainment ( obviously ) and no designated club areas.. and as it turned out the weather was so bad we left on the Saturday morning ( but that is just luck and nowt to do with much at all really )

At the time they offered the £10 discount it was intimated on the telephone the cost of next years tickets will be held to the same level as this year, which was another reason we opted to forgo the £57 refund and takke what seemed at the time a generous offer of a £20 discount

Then I received a mail today asking that we book for next year .. Which I would have done if the price had not risen to £70, thereby swallowing the aforementioned discount and more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guess a lot of businesses in hospitality will want to recoup some of their covid losses. Can't blame them, but if the price doesn't suit you then ignore their email. Personally I see no need to make a fuss.
Quite simply they led folk astray.. If they had mentioned the price hike originally I along with many many other would have taken the refund

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It must be just the Lincoln show, cos I got an email thanking me for holding my booking over for the Peterborough show. Nothing stating I have to pay any more, in fact they say “I need to do nothing more and my ticket will be with me before end of February”
So roll on April, hope to see some of you there👍👍👍

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Chasing revenue is a dangerous business practice with a risk that customers will simply walk away if any price rise is felt to be too great .
As customers are far harder to attract than retain I wonder if Warners, and many others, will regret the choice they have made to make up income by simply pushing up their prices.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Chasing revenue is a dangerous business practice with a risk that customers will simply walk away if any price rise is felt to be too great .
As customers are far harder to attract than retain I wonder if Warners, and many others, will regret the choice they have made to make up income by simply pushing up their prices.
And then we keep reading about all the new campers on the road and they will all want bits for their new vans and may well see these shows as good value ;)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Maybe your email will tempt them to do you a deal, and with those others who may feel deceived too.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
My auntie recently purchased a motorhome, see her a few weeks back and she had been to a show and loved it.
Think it may have been the Shepton Mallet one as it was over that way.
She is in her 70s and rather than sit at home when my uncle died a few years back has got out and used her van.
Most weeks she is somewhere different for a few nights.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
all the new campers on the road and they will all want bits for their new vans and may well see these shows as good value ;)

This is a good point - I remember when we first became tuggers and we were bowled over by the lost cost of sites (in our view).

Now when we see CL costs at greater than £15 a night and site fees at over £35/£40 a night we do gulp - however, new folk may see this as a right result....

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have you now been given or asked for a refund of monies held?

If you read what has been posted you will see that is not an option
If you booked and attended the Lincoln they offered you £10 of the following year

It must be just the Lincoln show, cos I got an email thanking me for holding my booking over for the Peterborough show. Nothing stating I have to pay any more, in fact they say “I need to do nothing more and my ticket will be with me before end of February”
So roll on April, hope to see some of you there👍👍👍
Indeed.. I have retained the ticket for the Peterborough show

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hang on.. STOP !!!
My entire argument is WRONG
Contrary to the info I gleaned from the mail, the ticket price for the 4 days has only risen £3 ( perfectly reasonable )
I could blame it on a poorly presented email from Warners, but must simply hold my hands up to making a serious mistake..
To make matters worse I read the mail several times before reacting.. and even sat on my reply for some time, rereading it over and again but still did not pick up on the error I had made

So there it is... massive error and I admit it whole heartedly
I must say I am very glad, as a life without any shows would be a bit miserable !

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You have prompted me to look at the cost of the Malvern show next year.

It's £80 on the gate or £70 in advance. I think of it as a very cheap Country and Western festival with some motorhomes to look round during the day 😀

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hang on.. STOP !!!
Contrary to the info I gleaned from the mail, the ticket price for the 4 days has only risen £3 ( perfectly reasonable )
I could blame it on a poorly presented email from Warners, but must simply hold my hands up to making a serious mistake..
To make matters worse I read the mail several times before reacting.. and even sat on my reply for some time, rereading it over and again but still did not pick up on the error I had made

I must say I am very glad, as a life without any shows would be a bit miserable !
Everyone makes errors. I quite like the idea of one of these shows . I presume tickets are purchase via their website ?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Hang on.. STOP !!!

Hands up. I admire people that can do that. Gave us something to debate though😁

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
If you read what has been posted you will see that is not an option
If you booked and attended the Lincoln they offered you £10 of the following year

Indeed.. I have retained the ticket for the Peterborough show

I read and understood but was going to suggest you would be eligible for a refund if the price was different to the one stated when the offer was originally made.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hang on.. STOP !!!

Have you wrote to them to apologise :rofl:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hang on.. STOP !!!

Bugger, I’ll have to cancel now if your going! ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back