LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Just been admiring your photos of Bristol balloon festival. We had intended going in Aug. And looking for where we can stay. The CC site nearby is, predictably, fully booked so any other suggestions might be worth checking.
Wyn

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Wyn, the Motor Caravanners Club hold a rally at the Bristol Baloon Fiesta every year. It is situated right next to the park where the Fiesta is held. No need to book, the cost is £7 per unit per night. You will however have to be members of the club in order to attend, we attend their rallies throughout the UK and membership is worthwhile in our opinion.

Brisey.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I agree, we couldn't get in with the cc club last year, joined motorcaravanners club just to go to the festival well worth it and go to rallies throughout the year.had a great time, the only few days through 2012 it didn't rain i think:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Apologies for my delay in responding, I'm here at Uttoxeter and strangely there is a bit of partying going on.......

As has been said, best place is the Motor Caravan Club rally run by the Avon Group, right opposite and if it is muddy, they are well prepared to get you sorted out. The park and ride is only minutes away, so a trip into Bristol is easy (but don't do it on the Saturday as traffic is bad).

I'll put some more photos up when we return!

Norman

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We went this year 2012, with the motorcaravanners club in field opposite ,literally other side of the road, the field this year was a bit sticky with quite long grass but no problems, the people at Avon group were very friendly, Balloon festival was very good ,weather was also good surprisingly. We have been several times over the last 20 years but this year there wasn't quite so many of the odd / different shaped balloons mostly round ones. You will definitely enjoy if and when you go , amazingly free festival .
Terry:sin:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Avon mob usually do a good holiday rally as well :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.