mess or network rail vans any good? (1 Viewer)

Yomper

Free Member
Oct 4, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi just paid my subscription as I felt left out just reading your posts!
I nearly bought a network rail van last weekend but found it was leaking water from somewhere after warming up so never bought it.
I'm still thinking of getting one as they are well kitted out. Are they worth the hassle of converting as they seem to have a lot of seats in the back which mean more holes in floor which need filling. There are some 06 upto 2009 mess vans on ebay trannies and movano. Or am I better off starting from scratch as I want to get spray foam insulation. Also thinking about iveco daily vans as they have much better room and I think there truck based

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you are thinking about a self build conversion then the SBMCC forum would be a good place to visit and also join.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Yomper

Yomper

Free Member
Oct 4, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I did look at the sbmcc but this site seemed more to my liking. More people more busy etc I may end up joining though once I get my van..... when I find one

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. Our first van was an ambulance conversion, (as is one of Terry's). They are worth considering as a base vehicle as they come with hab heating, leisure battery, switches, 12v plugs etc and usually insulated. Well our did anyway.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Yomper

Yomper

Free Member
Oct 4, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
It was the eberspacher and other bits such as split charger leisure battery's water heater and side windows already there which got.my attention and they could also save me some money. Just wondered how they are once stripped down. Are they full of rust holes where seats were bolted etc.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back