Mercedes vario self builds..... anyone on here done one? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
At £5k I'm guessing LiFePO4?

If so, I use a Votronic 90a B2B, with everything else Victron (apart from batteries).

Can't recommend the setup enough. Just fit & forget, I rarely ever check the levels now.
I dont know yet as electrics wrent my strong point so ill be seeking advice on that from those with more knowledge but basically i want agood reliable system that copes with permanent off grid without having to worry about it. Once built im hoping to explore further afield and both north and east

But i think allowing 5k for the electrics should provide me that

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
With that budge LiFePO4 batteries no problem and you will still have a load of spare cash.
Depends what you buy to be fair, B2B, combined inverter charger with network backup, solar chargers and monitors and then all the little bits that add up doesn't leave much for batteries and depending what and how much fit you could easily take a few £k just in batteries.

Ask me how I know ;)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Well now you will have to show us

Cheers James

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Depends what you buy to be fair, B2B, combined inverter charger with network backup, solar chargers and monitors and then all the little bits that add up doesn't leave much for batteries and depending what and how much fit you could easily take a few £k just in batteries.

Ask me how I know ;)
Tam said he wanted everything running off 12v so he won't need an expensive inverter charger, that's quite a chunk saved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
With that budge LiFePO4 batteries no problem and you will still have a load of spare cash.

Ask me how I know ;)
Yes this is why ill need to take advice closer to the time as to requirements ....

But as i very rarely use hookup ...and im hoping not to need to i don't think ill need 240 charger etc ... basically everything pretty much runs of 12v anyway so good batteries and a good inverter incase i need 240v

Ive been looking at these victron kits on ebay to get an idea of prices hence why i gave myself a £5k budget

These kits basically contain everything including the solar panels but id personally prefer just 2 x 250watt panels i can hinge and tilt .

Im thinking somewhere between kit 3 and kit 4

Screenshot_20210125-165756_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-165814_eBay.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back