Mercedes vario 814 self build bus to FLT palace (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As has been said before, a 2man tacho had a thin plastic disc in the second position. I'm sure lots of old driver have one 'somewhere' (usually in their orange folder) BUT if not, use a tacho disc as a template on a piece of thin plastic. (One day I will have enough time to read the full 91 pages, good luck!
I can buy a blank disc to put the light out ...but i dont have a key for the tacho so i cant open it šŸ˜

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I can buy a blank disc to put the light out ...but i dont have a key for the tacho so i cant open it šŸ˜

When I have time after next week, I'll see if I can find one (I KNOW I have one but 3 sheds a house & garage......)

PS. The locks are fairly unsophisticated so have a fiddle.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jackie has now booked her ferry for the 5th ...shes going through france ,frejus tunnel in to north Italy and will likely meet up with me around Slovenia,/Croatia .

Dave n marsha set off on the 8th and ill likely meet up with them somewhere too ...they are also heading for greece and turkey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Jackie has now booked her ferry for the 5th ...shes going through france ,frejus tunnel in to north Italy and will likely meet up with me around Slovenia,/Croatia .

Dave n marsha set off on the 8th and ill likely meet up with them somewhere too ...they are also heading for greece and turkey.
Are you going for Croatia and through Albania this time?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you going for Croatia and through Albania this time?
Yes thats the plan ...it was the original plan last year but covid stopped that. ... alternative route will be Croatia serbia romania Bulgaria but will see how it goes . If i can i want to avoid italy this year and do some of the country's ive not been to.

It will help to extend my time

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just got this from Eurotunnel

Screenshot_20211027-130315_Messages.jpg

How come they dont mention anything aboot eu passports?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes thats the plan ...but will depend on the weather too as id like to avoid snow if i can
What šŸ˜² !!
...and 'waste' all that money you spent getting high quality premium snowchains?

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Yes thats the plan ...but will depend on the weather too as id like to avoid snow if i can
I would think that there would be much less chance of snow on the Adriatic coast as there would be going across the centre of the peninsular. That being the case probably best to do Romania/Bulgaria on the way down and Albania/Croatia on the way back up (depending when you come back of course)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I would think that there would be much less chance of snow on the Adriatic coast as there would be going across the centre of the peninsular. That being the case probably best to do Romania/Bulgaria on the way down and Albania/Croatia on the way back up (depending when you come back of course)
Yes i was thinking that ... I'll see how i feel when i get to Croatia.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
lots of virus in Bulgaria at the moment and most of the country are anti vaxers.
told to me by a Bulgarian citizen very recently. dad died from it a while back and uncle and ant just been hospitalised.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
They've assumed nobody has one.
Written by someone without the nouse to think things through
I think they're asking folk to check that their vet has filled in the AHC correctly. From what I've heard some people have been turned away at pet control, not because they haven't got one but because their vet completed the form incorrectly.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Those with electrical knowledge ....im considering running a domestic 240v fridge off the vario electrical system rather than an expensive compressor 12/24v one ... Ive seen numerous vanlifers doing this as you get bigger capacity for less outlay.

Question is ....will i be able to run this for example off 200ah lithium 24v with 500w solar?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Those with electrical knowledge ....im considering running a domestic 240v fridge off the vario electrical system rather than an expensive compressor 12/24v one ... Ive seen numerous vanlifers doing this as you get bigger capacity for less outlay.

Question is ....will i be able to run this for example off 200ah lithium 24v with 500w solar?

Iā€™ve seen threads on people that have done this on hereā€¦ Iā€™ll have a searchā€¦

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We do it with a small under counter fridge with ice box, running off 2 x Trojan 6v t105s wired in series, with 200w solar and mppt controller.
Powered by victron 1200w inverter with eco mode, so it only switches on when it senses a draw. I have 2 more panels to fit, but if bright (even winter) days or driving every few days it's proved the system works.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We do it with a small under counter fridge with ice box, running off 2 x Trojan 6v t105s wired in series, with 200w solar and mppt controller.
Powered by victron 1200w inverter with eco mode, so it only switches on when it senses a draw. I have 2 more panels to fit, but if bright (even winter) days or driving every few days it's proved the system works.
Haha.. just found your post saying this , I knew there was some one that did it..šŸ‘šŸ¼

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back