Mercedes vario 814 self build bus to FLT palace (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I am dyslexic,, Other than can't measure and can't write legible etc ,,not that much off a problem..BUSBY.
Hmmm my friend got bullied a lot over it and it has really effect his self esteem over the years …..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I am dyslexic,, Other than can't measure and can't write legible etc ,,not that much off a problem..BUSBY.
Two of my kids are dyslexic wife says she thinks it comes from my side. However she says getting me tested is a waste of money!!!😭😭😭

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How come i can see all these posts bit no idea who youre all replying to lol
Have you got them on ignore? If not maybe the 'missing' posters are ignoring you. :oops:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No idea as I can't see the comments only replies that don't make any sense
Can you give me an example of the reply you can see and I'll tell you who the reply is aimed at so you can check.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Maybe not, live and let live, I have a good friend who is dyslectic, so I am not a fan of the grammar police, life is difficult enough for people suffering with that, just wish people where a bit more respectful and thoughtful, being friendly and understanding isn’t costing you anything, it’s free and makes people ‘s life a lot more joyful !
Don't know what you mean

My post just meant you and glen keep arguing about summit

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
I cannae see that
I cannae see that
The reply was to the OP of the thread I quoted you about proper use of words and grammar. It then debated how taken pedantically this was offensive to dyslexic people. The OP, glenn2926 later posted on your thread which was picked up by dutch68 who made a comment and others then continued the conversation re dyslexia on your thread.
Let’s get it back to your life please. I was enjoying following that.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hmmm my friend got bullied a lot over it and it has really effect his self esteem over the years …..
I didn't know I was dyslexic until in my early 20s At school they could never understand WHY my writing was so atrocious,,,Mind you a managed an English GCE O level..Never been bullied..BUSBY.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I didn't know I was dyslexic until in my early 20s At school they could never understand WHY my writing was so atrocious,,,Mind you a managed an English GCE O level..Never been bullied..BUSBY.
I thought I was not very bright never got more than 40% in English exams maths was OK at 90%+.
I've never been tested, even won prizes at primary school for reading, how I don't know.
Often when driving I will read out a sign with the name of a town & wife & kids will say how did you get that from that. Both kids tested for dyslexia both got nice grants for computer equipment when at Uni, & now both teachers so it can't be that bad.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
No hope for me then the vans an auto and the next car definitely will be.
Same here!
After driving manuals for almost 60 years I’ve gone an auto on van and car.
Had a manual loan car a few weeks ago and did forget the clutch a couple of times. Remembered to press the pedal before the engine stalled though.

Richard.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Come on Tam we need info on the new van to stop us from getting sidetracked.
Yes what’s easiest, a list of what works or a list of what doesn’t work lol , and what upgrades do you plan before setting of please?
You will have to be patient im afraid ....ive just been out with dogs and collected my car from the station and now i need to adjust the rear brakes on mums car as its in for mot tomorrow morning and depending how long that takes will depend if i get near the van today as im working at 16.30 too. No rest for the wicked as they say lol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Same here!
After driving manuals for almost 60 years I’ve gone an auto on van and car.
Had a manual loan car a few weeks ago and did forget the clutch a couple of times. Remembered to press the pedal before the engine stalled though.

Richard.
First Motorhome was a manual & car was an auto when driving the Motorhome kept getting a squawk from the passenger seat "it's not an auto you know". So I bought a manual to shut the squawk up, now got an auto van and a manual car the squawk is now in the car. :cry:

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
You will have to be patient im afraid ....ive just been out with dogs and collected my car from the station and now i need to adjust the rear brakes on mums car as its in for mot tomorrow morning and depending how long that takes will depend if i get near the van today as im working at 16.30 too. No rest for the wicked as they say lol
Just think about all the chilling on the beach you will be doing shortly lol.😇

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back