mercedes sprinter motorhome just purchased need help (1 Viewer)

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
$_57.JPG

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ok let me guess you need money, a heart transplant or want to know how to store bacon butties, give us a clue.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
Is it a good motorhome?
not got it yet, collecting next week does anyone have one?
seller said he has a larger battery installed cost 1000 last year ? for use when not hooked up, wants to sell it in addition to van cost for 500 ?
said it will give 2 weeks free of hook up ?

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it sounds to me like a con I hope you have not parted with money yet of course the £1000 could just be typo how many amp/hrs is the battery but then the £500 must be a typo as well so back to original statement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Dito

100amp batterys can be picked up on the bay new for 100 & thats with my limited knowledge of leisure batterys.

Welcome btw :thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
£1000 for a battery and fitting? No way!

Welcome by the way.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Any battery will last for 2 weeks off of hook up if you switch nothing on. I would be very very careful before parting with money for the van given the claims re the battery.
for less than £1000 I have 4 x 110 amp/hr batteries and 320W of solar power that allows me to stay off hookup forever.
Welcome to the fun by the way

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if that is a van converted by O'Leary mototorhomes, it should be good. however the shape of the body looks like an old body on a newer van. the lack of manufacturers stickers adds to my suspicion

i may be wrong though as the photo may be deceptive

as for a £1000 battery:Eeek: Ill have a pint of what he's been drinking:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You may as well correct your details - it's a C-Class MH.

£1000 for a battery.

Fuel cell perhaps ?

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: any more info on the van ?
I could well be wrong but to me it looks like a new shape sprinter ie 2006 on with a older type body on it :Smile:Again may be wrong :winky:If I am right them price should reflect this-like I said more details required
terry
edit SORRY i MISSED BIG 1 S post in fact all of second page heehee

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Right figured out what was /is wrong missed half the picture ::bigsmile: Land sleepers are done by O'learys so that will go a long way to explain why it's a older body fitted to the newer cab :thumb:::bigsmile:Try ringing Mick to ask about the van http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/ if Micks not there then try Darren or Kevin they should be able to give you info on the van --they have stopped converting vans themselves and now sub them out to a guy (forget his name) who makes a nice job of them down on one of Micks storage farms :Smile:
terry

Upvote 0

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Personally, I like the light on the roof. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Hobbytwo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
Since 2008
Doesn't sound too good so far with what you've told us. Any sensible advice is going to require more detail.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Just a thought - could it be that the "battery" is also a solar panel and all the trimmings???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
Thanks everyone, I have asked for more detail on this back up battery as I did not pick up all that was said, will let you all know soon.
does anyone have same motorhome or heard any reports about this model?

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks everyone, I have asked for more detail on this back up battery as I did not pick up all that was said, will let you all know soon.
does anyone have same motorhome or heard any reports about this model?
the whole point is nobody knows the model from the photos. the sprinter part is the cab and has nothing to do with the conversion. it may be an o'leary motorhomes one off so nothing to compare against. if its an older body grafted on as it appears, who knows

the sprinter will have the usual mercedes sprinter issues. you either love them or hate them. like all vans that age watch out for hidden rust and damp issues

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Like TBone says it will more than likely be a one off build from O'leary's --All the parts used in it will have been new from there vast warehouses of parts --they buy overstock/discontinued/bankrupt parts from all makers but mainly from all the HULL based ones because they have dealt with them for yrs :thumb:It will have been professionally done to a good standard.:thumb: and could have a miss mash of bits from anywhere --Straight away I can see from your pic that it's got the old type fridge vents on, no doubt they will owe Mick nothing so he would have given the converter them to use instead of the pair that costs us £40 but they pick up for next to nothing ::bigsmile:
You have to understand how Ol's and Magnums work they bid against each other for a set amount of disused stock from the big manufacturers which could include anything from a bag full of handles to 50 fridges/cookers Pallets of furniture board -prob a couple of 7 1/2 ton wagons full ::bigsmile: all new but not used on this yrs M/Hs :winky:
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

curran

Extra Special
Jun 7, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi all
asked for more information this was the reply
reg yf07oja system put in consists of 10,000 watt amp super long life leisure battery. split charging unit, this keeps van on full power for weeks without hook up.
cost 1,000 to buy and have professionally installed. leave in for 500.
How much would you guys pay for this van?

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I dont think I would touch it with your barge pole. Sorry

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hello, you will get more technical answers from others, but from me as a relative newbie myself I have not heard of that rating for a battery, Amps or Amp / hours, but not watts, but I might be about to be corrected

As for value, without inside shots and or full condition including damp checks it will be really hard to 'guess '

But my best 'guess' unseen, no warranty would be £16 - 20K, based on it being a genuine 07 build, not a marriage of older body

Do not invest based on my level of knowledge though, but very best of luck

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The motor-home or battery ?

Possibly both.

One-offs are often hard to sell on unless they are something really special.

Anything that isn't a standard off-the-shelf part will be expensive to repair/replace.

But if you are willing to accept this and the van ticks your boxes you might get just what you want. Just my experience.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all
asked for more information this was the reply
reg yf07oja system put in consists of 10,000 watt amp super long life leisure battery. split charging unit, this keeps van on full power for weeks without hook up.
cost 1,000 to buy and have professionally installed. leave in for 500.
How much would you guys pay for this van?

Sorry you have either got wrong info or understood wrongly -No way has it got 10,000 watt/amps
A split charge system if it controls all electrics is around 200 quid add to that what it probably has is a 110 amp hour leisure battery or two at 65 quid each so say 350 quid then fitting which could be anything £££££s or DIY
I'll stick my neck out -----back to the van assuming it was a commercial second hand van that o'learys used it could have lots of miles or none so more info needed :winky: 07 plate merc could be anything from 15k to 35k more likely 15 to 20k tops again assuming its very tidy inside and assuming it is a genuine LANDsleeper done by O'learys and not one that the local gypsies cobbled together ::bigsmile:IF it's nice inside and you plan on keeping it a long time then OK if your looking to keep a short time and sell on then it needs to be cheap
If it's your first van unless it's 15k I would look at older more established vans like Auto sleepers,Swifts etc you get the picture :winky: if you don't like them you will not loose as much Selling the Landsleeper could prove hard simply because it looks an old body grafted to a new chasis -Don't get me wrong it could be a new body that Mick bought cheap but it still looks sus I would want to see pics inside and all around before giving a proper estimate -mileage,pics, and that battery info correct :thumb:-The van should come with a charging /distribution system in place -none of this leave in for 500 quid nonsense just beware :winky:
terry

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
The motor-home or battery ?

Based on what the seller is trying to tell you.Neither.
There is no such thing as a 10000 amp/watt battery (not that would fit in a motorhome, maybe a nuclear submarine) and if it is fitted to the van, why is he trying to charge extra for it. I would walk away if you still can.If not tell him to keep it and spend £65 on a good 110 amp battery yourself. It is a buyers market out there so dont be afraid to bargain.There are thousands more to choose from.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
best bet is a photo of this so called battery, or is it an efoy fuel cell.
The poor information on the battery and confusion over the model of van would make me walk away.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back