Mercedes Sprinter fuses (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
anybody able to help please, nothing very urgent just nice to sort and I am struggling

rear view camera suddenly went off, then noticed so had radio and cigar socket, so pretty confident have blown a fuse as we had an inverter plugged in at the time while driving

checked all the fuses I can reach, really going to struggle with the top row in this photo, have no full Mercedes manual and could really do with knowing which fuse to pull rather that try them all, virtually impossible to reach, but will give it my best shot if I know the right one

have already removed and checked all the lower ones, just the top two rows to do, they are an awful lot harder to reach than photograph o_O

IMG_2951.JPG

not helped by Lola being scared of beeps of all daft things for such a large dog and at point she was laid on top me while I was laid across both foot wells o_O those that know me and Lola will know what a sight that would make :)

hoping someone can guide me please (y)

2005 / 6 chassis, long wheel base 3,0 litre if that makes any difference

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Sorry, just laughing at the thought of you & Lola:LOL:
Hope you sort it

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Long nosed pliers with curved ends will probably allow fuses to be removed, however, it looks like you have the spade fuses with the metal showing outside of the plastic which means you can test with a multimeter in situ if you can get the probes onto the metal bits!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
decided to check the internet myself while awaiting, amazing what sense comes back to your head when you sit with a coffee and calmly assess the issue :)

upload_2017-8-20_10-9-31.png

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/805065/Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter.html?page=243#manual

for anybody finding this thread and needing similar help

It was definitely a blue one, actually no. 13 on my more aged Merc

But many many thanks for the rapid and useful replies

Best of all I had a fuse puller and a spare blue one :)(y)

Fuse replaced, radio and reverse cameras reinstated, Bevs lap top charger removed from inverter, mine is more important :LOL::LOL:, maybe both at same time was a bit much, but 150W inverter peak 175W my charger says 65W, presumed Bevs would the same but not quoted

mine is 240V 1.7A I seem think there is a sum to work out the watts

Bevs is 240V 1.5A so should be less

No idea really what blew it, but the new 360 camera and hard drive are also on the circuit and I have no idea on the load of that

But all sorted, had a nice 45 min stop in a very sunny and warm aire in Belgium, finish coffee head further north east :):)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Btw are you saying the radio, rear view camera and cigar socket are all on one fuse?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Ohms law mate!

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Btw are you saying the radio, rear view camera and cigar socket are all on one fuse?

yes to above, is that wrong? 360 camera is the latest addition they made that choice

BTW I think I have tried checking for fuses without removing and they don't show as blown on my multimeter

I do have one and use it, but always on continuity which might be the reason it doesn't identify a blow one in situ maybe, or am I just making it obvious I don't have a clue what I am taking about :LOL::LOL:

In theory you should be able to see the broken fuse when removed but I find continuity check to absolute rather than depend on my eyes :)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Many, many thanks to the amazingly rapid and helpful replies, it is really like having you looking over my shoulder at a meet :):)

Nearly beer o'clock, anybody fancy one (y)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
yes to above, is that wrong? 360 camera is the latest addition they made that choice

BTW I think I have tried checking for fuses without removing and they don't show as blown on my multimeter

I do have one and use it, but always on continuity which might be the reason it doesn't identify a blow one in situ maybe, or am I just making it obvious I don't have a clue what I am taking about :LOL::LOL:

In theory you should be able to see the broken fuse when removed but I find continuity check to absolute rather than depend on my eyes :)
Maybe the camera installers has remove the fuse whilst fitting the new system and hadn't fully re inserted it afterwards?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Just as a suggestion.
Why not buy a 12v cig charger for the laptop.
I got one for my mac and works perfect.
Also less battery drain as you arnt converting to 240v just to step it back down to around 12v to charge it.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I would second what @Silver-Fox says, Maplins do a nice little unit that you can select what voltage is required by the laptop. It seems very wasteful using an invertor to boost the 12 volt up to 240 volt, then plug a laptop lead in that reduces it to say 19 volt. When I used a laptop I used one of one,but these days prefer a tablet for all my work stuff.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
For example 1.5 amps * 12 volts = 18 watts.
Converting Volts to Amps at fixed wattage.
The conversion of Volts to Amps if the wattage is known is governed by the equations Amps = Watts/Volts.
For example 120 watts/110 volts = 1.09 amps.29 Jun 2017

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you are using one of those little portable inverter thingies I would have a separate fused supply just for that or upgrade your inverter or get a decent 12 volt supply for computer as mentioned above.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Also you probably have several spare accessory fuse ways under your seat!

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
David,

Pleased you are on the road again, do you have a 12V supply socket a floor level under the ashtray, that is rated at 25A.

Anthony

IMG_20170820_104314.jpg

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Silver-Fox @FJmike many thanks for the suggestion

I actually have a Maplins laptop power supply charger thingy, but even though it has 20 odd fittings, none fit my HP laptop o_O

but regarding power consumption, my little inverter is only used from cab battery when driving so power not really an issue and we charge both laptops at same time so maximise the use, plus electric bike battery as well on same basis (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
David,

Pleased you are on the road again, do you have a 12V supply socket a floor level under the ashtray, that is rated at 25A.

Anthony

View attachment 180799

yes we do, that is the one that stays live when key removed, but is still taking power from the starter battery, the one that caused me multiple flat starter battery issues, but with Bev in charge of unplugging I have more confidence in not repeating that, only tend to use it for dash supply, Tom Tom, phone chargers etc now, but now I know about the extra Amps we might risk it (y)(y):)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@Silver-Fox @FJmike many thanks for the suggestion

I actually have a Maplins laptop power supply charger thingy, but even though it has 20 odd fittings, none fit my HP laptop o_O

but regarding power consumption, my little inverter is only used from cab battery when driving so power not really an issue and we charge both laptops at same time so maximise the use, plus electric bike battery as well on same basis (y)

Might be worth trying eBay and type in what laptop you have so it brings up the ones that will fit.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMG_0017.JPG
@Kim H big favour please if you can or when you can could you look at your fuses under seat in my case drivers (rhd) but may move according to steering position maybe.

In my rush to get the fuse found earlier I removed the only fuse in the bottom row in this photo but forgot to note where it went back. Know it wasn't an end but rest is guesswork also no idea what will not work if wrong. But went very low on fuel and no warning light so may be that, all lights appear to work

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
View attachment 180814 @Kim H big favour please if you can or when you can could you look at your fuses under seat in my case drivers (rhd) but may move according to steering position maybe.

In my rush to get the fuse found earlier I removed the only fuse in the bottom row in this photo but forgot to note where it went back. Know it wasn't an end but rest is guesswork also no idea what will not work if wrong. But went very low on fuel and no warning light so may be that, all lights appear to work
Look at rear of panel!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If you can see into the fuse board very often there won't be any metal connections if no fuse is required.
But not always the case

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If you can see into the fuse board very often there won't be any metal connections if no fuse is required.
But not always the case

Thanks all mine seem to have connections, not even enough dust to see where it came from, thought one might look cleaner

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
:(As a follow up I think I now know why the fuse went, the inverter and laptop charger now don't work :(

Doing this on phone which is sort of OK but will be useless for Norway photos next week

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back