Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Anyone own a Mercedes? Seems that all models are being re-called re emission program!

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Probably they're all at it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
question now for mercedees owners is do you have the program changed lots of people on vw forums complaining about bad fuel economy and failed egr valves after the sortware changes

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I am not going to rush to have my Mercedes MH updated. I would like to know what it changes and whether it will affect fuel consumption, performance, amount of adblue used and reliability. What Car has suggested waiting until more information is available. I believe this is at present only a voluntary recall by Mercedes.

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I suppose if one was of a cynical nature you could say they are recalling the past seven years of vehicle production in order to dispose of any evidence relation to emissions fixing. It's possible they expect to be rumbled very shortly as was VW. I wonder if Frau Merkel will have any investigation into emissions fixing or will she just brush it under the carpet as she did with the issues surrounding the German financial institutions?

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
If you don't take the vehicle in for the recall to be seen to,might that affect the warranty? Maybe.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Say what you like about the Americans and litigation but VW sorted out payments to them ASAP while (still?) dithering about paying anything here.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Anyone own a Mercedes? Seems that all models are being re-called re emission program!

Not all models, this does not apply to patrol cars, happily thats what mine is. Some diesel motorhomes are affected although it will depend on year of manufacture and engine specifics. A local dealer could assist with enquiries

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Not all models, this does not apply to patrol cars, happily thats what mine is. Some diesel motorhomes are affected although it will depend on year of manufacture and engine specifics. A local dealer could assist with enquiries
Yes quite, I thought with the recent VW escapades that people would naturally associate the Emission Problem with only the Diesel engines.(y)

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
I dropped in to my dealer today as I was booking my e-class in for a service and they hadn't been notified by MB at all, all dealers heard about it the same time as the rest of us apparently.
I won't be having any update done until I hear what effect it has on those that have it done first.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I am not going to rush to have my Mercedes MH updated. I would like to know what it changes and whether it will affect fuel consumption, performance, amount of adblue used and reliability. What Car has suggested waiting until more information is available. I believe this is at present only a voluntary recall by Mercedes.

You do well to hold back in my opinion.

Lets just say the "update" for VW and Audi isn't fairing to well.
I have read reports of the engines running rough and fuel consumption isn't as good as it should be.
I have an A3 Audi and it isn't going any where near one of their service centres until they have it sorted.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Skoda/VW have a lot of problems as the multiple emission test point make it lurch from one speed to the next. something to do with the EGR valve opening and closing in various inappropriate time and jamming from overuse. I will not advise anyone to go ahead having it just for the US regulators.
When it says Mercedes are being called in, does that include Sprinters as they are the same engines as the cars..
I do not want it changing but it might just be done automatically on the service without asking.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I do not want it changing but it might just be done automatically on the service without asking.

You can have it noted when your vehicle goes for a service no other works to be carried out without your express permission.

You can also mark up any parts they might want to change regarding the issue with some paint only available to yourself.

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Does this effect my 312d sprinter 1999 seems to be pulling like a train and just ran in dont wanna mess it up.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Well they ain't getting mine either until I know a lot more, maybe not even then. In any case it's 1100km away at the moment and I'm slumming it in my old Espace. :(

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Does this effect my 312d sprinter 1999 seems to be pulling like a train and just ran in dont wanna mess it up.
It's only for diesels from 2011:
"The action is being taken in relation to nearly all cars with diesel engines meeting the Euro 5 standard – implemented in 2011 – and the existing Euro 6 rules."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back