Mercedes owners did you know? (3 Viewers)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
to the left of the steering column on our MH there is a rocker switch looks a bit like a heated rear window symbol, I think a red light comes on the switch when on

On mine (2002 Rapido on 316), this switch operates the heated mirrors.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I have a rest button on my 616CDI merc hymer. I have also found a totally flat battery, but they were not related. As has been said the rest fuction switches off automatically after a period although it can be restarted if there is still heat left in the block.
I found from a fellow owner the reason for the flat battery. I had been using the fog lights, now they go off when you switch off the ignition BUT crucially the warning light to say that they are on does not. It is the brighter than usual illumination of the odometer that will stay on until the battery runs flat (less than 3 days in my case). Design fault or not I don't know but now I always double check after using the fogs, BEWARE
Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I have a rest button on my 616CDI merc hymer. I have also found a totally flat battery, but they were not related. As has been said the rest fuction switches off automatically after a period although it can be restarted if there is still heat left in the block.
I found from a fellow owner the reason for the flat battery. I had been using the fog lights, now they go off when you switch off the ignition BUT crucially the warning light to say that they are on does not. It is the brighter than usual illumination of the odometer that will stay on until the battery runs flat (less than 3 days in my case). Design fault or not I don't know but now I always double check after using the fogs, BEWARE
Dick

I discovered the other day that Id left the front fog light switch on after driving to the MOT in early morning fog. The binnacle milometer/clock display illumination did not go off 20 seconds after removal of the ignition key as it usually did. Fortunately Lynda noticed in the evening that the binnacle display was still illuminated so I contacted the Merc Garage.

The Merc Dealer told me that if the van conversion had been with front driver and passenger doors (it has neither only the hab door) then a buzzer would have alerted me that the fog switch was left on - this warning obviously not available due to having no front doors. Fortunately we spotted the issue before the battery went flat.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I discovered the other day that Id left the front fog light switch on after driving to the MOT in early morning fog. The binnacle milometer/clock display illumination did not go off 20 seconds after removal of the ignition key as it usually did. Fortunately Lynda noticed in the evening that the binnacle display was still illuminated so I contacted the Merc Garage.

The Merc Dealer told me that if the van conversion had been with front driver and passenger doors (it has neither only the hab door) then a buzzer would have alerted me that the fog switch was left on - this warning obviously not available due to having no front doors. Fortunately we spotted the issue before the battery went flat.

and presumably even if you had a driver or passenger door, but chose like us to only use the hab door, you would still be none the wiser

(y)

generally would never use fog lights, but the MOT issue could catch us all

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We had the REST on our last 2 vans before this one, both merc hymers, I wouldn't say it was a great feature, it switches off after a while as said. It chucks a bit of engine heat out for a while, that's all.

Used it mostly when we returned home and parked up as Caroline is normally too warm anyway so only used when she was out of the van

Paul.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oh well, I only thought I would pass on a comment that might help someone

will just stick to grey water dribblers in future

:doh:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Auxiliary heating, press switch to on, turn rheostat to hot, fan to no1 or2, when heat builds adjust rheostat to comfort level,(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back