Memory Stick For iPad/iphone (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
As my iPad is only 16Gb and most of that is taken up with the software and apps I can't take many photos as its always filling up fast. At the end of the day when I've been using it I transfer the images to the laptop but nothing worse than when your standing there taking a picture and it comes up storage full.

I don't use cloud for photos as just eats all the data up.

Anyone tried one of these or similar?

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EAE1FX2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
An SD card would be the way to go but not sure if Apple have an SD slot on their machines. The memory stick you link to will allow you to do what you want without too much trouble. There are many brands of memory stick each with a range of capacity (storage space) . (y)

Wyn

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think Crapple take the view that if you run out of memory you should give them hundreds of pounds and buy a new Crapad.:)
There are 3rd party adaptors available that take SD cards. The boss has a Crapad we bought an adaptor on eBay for 3 quid that enables us to transfer photos from an SD card, never tried it the other way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Deleted User
No, however, I use the Leef which is an identical looking product and exactly the same principle, however, usually for the other way around ie I load it with films and music and play it back through ipad when in the van, however, you can transfer files in both directions so you could easily move your photos onto the scan disk using the app. Just check latest reviews to make sure it is compatible with latest iPhone, ipad updates and you can't charge whilst using it

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

Fortunately my iPad is a 64gb model and so all is good. You could use the cloud, by switching off automatic syncing when on data, and then turning it back on when you have proper type WiFi.

The item you link to is a Scan Disk, who make quality kit, providing you have bought a genuine item and not a Chinese knock off, and will work fine. (y)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Leef ibridge is the way to go. Great bit of kit to expand small memory apple devices

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My £130 phone has an sd card slot wonder why the apple ones don't..........ah just noticed what they charge for more memmory!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Amazon product ASIN B00H80QZ1S
Dont discount the Sandisk Connect wireless media drive, available in 32 and 64Gb versions, plus there’s a slot in the side for up to another 64Gb SD card. It’s only about 2” square, it generates its own wi-fi and up to 5 devices can connect to it, slip it in your pocket and down load your pickies on the move. It’s a brilliant bit of kit with potential for 128Gb of storage that you can download to or upload from.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You can also download a free app called Photoshrinker. I guess others available but I use this one. You can select single, multiple or all photos and the file size will be shrunk. Doesn’t make any difference in viewing quality if you just want to view them on tablet or phone.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Amazon product ASIN B00H80QZ1S
Dont discount the Sandisk Connect wireless media drive, available in 32 and 64Gb versions, plus there’s a slot in the side for up to another 64Gb SD card. It’s only about 2” square, it generates its own wi-fi and up to 5 devices can connect to it, slip it in your pocket and down load your pickies on the move. It’s a brilliant bit of kit with potential for 128Gb of storage that you can download to or upload from.
I have one of these as well , another superb device. I fill it with movies and just stream them to whatever I’m using at the time

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
As my iPad is only 16Gb and most of that is taken up with the software and apps I can't take many photos as its always filling up fast. At the end of the day when I've been using it I transfer the images to the laptop but nothing worse than when your standing there taking a picture and it comes up storage full.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EAE1FX2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1
These appear to be sold by apple
Used one with the old type connection but the new style
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MD820ZM/A/lightning-to-micro-usb-adapter?afid=p238|sL4w7cF5j-dt_mtid_187079nc38483_pcrid_104154899041_&cid=aos-uk-kwgo-pla-btb--slid--product-MD820ZM/A-UK

Not certain it will work but give apple a ring. It’s a free call

This is what I googled Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14

Yes. I have the 128gb version. Great as I store a shedload of music, videos and my photos. You can set it up to place photos you take onto the stick. When I get home i copy the pics to my home server using “Documents”, an app for free.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun