Memory Foam

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Adria 5, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Adria 5

Adria 5

Ratings:
    +4
    hi do you use it?

I bought mine from ideal world the best thing i did::bigsmile: worth every penny for a good night kip:rofl:

ray

2. Road Runner

Road Runner

Ratings:
    +1,460
    Dont need it if you have a queen size bed:winky:

3. theresa

theresa

Ratings:
    +0
    we use it and its brill. one of the best things we have bought:ROFLMAO:

4. Chrisdy

Chrisdy

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, not true. We do have a queen size bed and the Raskalf memory foam topper makes it even more comfortable. Depends how comfy you like your bed to be...:winky:

5. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +2,004
  6. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil

Ratings:
    +493
    Me too, I have a memory foam mattress at home, so when we purchased the motorhome of which the mattress is rock hard, we brought a 3" memory foam topper. Our bed is even more comfortable that the one at home, all I need now is too get rid of Neil to the other end of the motorhome and then maybe I can get a good nights sleep (bad snoring).

You wont regret investing in a memory foam topper, except maybe if you were in a very hot country as they do warm up a bit.

Pat

7. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's really odd. I tried one and just couldn't get on with it, I found the sensation quite unnatural. Our mattress is just placed on the board that covers the engine hatch so it felt really, really firm. We've now got a super soft mattress topper from Ikea and I sleep so much better on that. Of course, the extra glass of red wine might be helping as well :ROFLMAO:

Regards
    Doug

8. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,622
    Hi Doug are you sure you got a memory foam topper they are as soft (not hard in any shape or foarm) as anything I have ever slept on and also would not be without one :thumb:
    terry

9. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Terry,
    Yes it was definitely memory foam. We bought it because our bed was far too firm for us. The memory foam WAS softer but I hated the texture. Maybe I should have persevered with it but after 3 nights without sleeping properly I gave up.
    I'm sure it's me, our friends are delighted with theirs.

Regards
    Doug

10. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone has a different level of comfort. If I don't sleep on a very hard surface, I get serious lower back problems.

One night on the expensive memory foam my wife bought for our bed at home was enough for me to throw it away. I went out and bought a Sleep Number dual-bladder air mattress that allows each side to be adjusted to individual comfort. That was 6 years ago. On a scale of 0-100, my wife has hers set at 35 and I have mine set at 100.

When we first bought our coach it had a foam mattress and, part way through the maiden voyage, I was virtually crippled. Made a trip to the chiropractor to get straightened out, then went to a mattress store and bought an air mattress similar to the one we have at home. That was 4 years ago, and we haven't regretted it.

I'd sleep better on a sheet of plywood than on that memory foam stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
  11. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,622
    Hi all speaking of M/F there is a stall at Skirlington sunday market v/close to the bike sales that sells proper 2 ins deep M/F double bed size for £56 that is as cheap as I have ever seen them :thumb::winky: nothing to do with it just thought it worth a mention
    terry