Membership Numbers ??? (1 Viewer)

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

I have been looking around at various web sites and it always seems that the membership numbers keep rising, do any of these sites including this one have a method of where people can remove their memebership as some of the sites have very large numbers of members but hardly anyone seem to be there ??

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well I can only comment on one site that springs to mind, and membership number is accumulative. What it actually represents is someone at some point in time filling out the boxes and giving themselves a name to access the whole site. Then if that id never returns again, it makes no difference, it has gone into the 'count'. Effectively you end up with a large number which makes the site look much busier than it actually is.

U

ukrv

Deleted User
And, or course, should that website send out monthly emails with adverts for the forum owners business they get 18,000 adverts out rather than just 2,000 to the "real" members :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
how can you remove your membership ??? from these types of site

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
It seems that some sites only want to show large numbers of members I presume for sponsers. In my opinion it can be better to have smaller numbers with quality postings and a good friendly forum and no back biting.

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, as all of these sites appear to run similar software, if we knew how to remove our membership from this one we could do the same on the others ??

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
To be honest Brian, I am not sure if it is possible. Even if you are asked to leave or even just get your account "deactivated" :ROFLMAO: it does not seem to affect the "alleged" membership numbers mate.
You could try writing to the site owner or admin and asking to be removed, we wrote to a site owner and he removed the item we requested in no time flat :ROFLMAO:, so I guess it is down to them what they show in the figures.
You don't want to leave this site do you? I cannot imagine why you would want to do that matey ::bigsmile:

Keith

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To be honest Brian, I am not sure if it is possible. Even if you are asked to leave or even just get your account "deactivated" :ROFLMAO: it does not seem to affect the "alleged" membership numbers mate.
You could try writing to the site owner or admin and asking to be removed, we wrote to a site owner and he removed the item we requested in no time flat :ROFLMAO:, so I guess it is down to them what they show in the figures.
You don't want to leave this site do you? I cannot imagine why you would want to do that matey ::bigsmile:

Keith

It will have to be possible to delete personal information in order to comply with Data Protection legislation. However, I suspect that the people who design the software have that low on their priority list so it will probably be a pain for the forum owner and only be undertaken on request (insistence?) of the ex-member.

Graham

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Removing a membership

Can't answer for any other website than the Big Pitch Guide.

Several times I have been asked to 'remember' forgotten passwords - which I can't do because I don't have access to the passwords members put in themselves.

So I simply tell the computer to search for their 'username' and when found - I tell the computer delete the entire entry - easy-peasy, it's all gone.

Then I have to re-enter their basic details and we start again - until the next time they forget their password!!!!!

Luckily, I think, nobody has yet asked me to remove their details for any other reason.

Dick

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
today i visited the darkside:Eeek: and let me tell you it is booooring!:shout:sooooo
i logged out::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back