Members Titles (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Goe Sir, my Lord, whatever happened to "The Right Reverend"? Surely your list of honorary titles is so extensive (begotten by your massive contribution to world affairs) that you have inadvertently omitted it?
Please rectify this small oversight before anyone notices mate :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
JIMJAM said:
You are echoing my feelings and I think most of the membership, that it would be folly to consider ranks. This is something that we need to get right from the off, because it will be very difficult to change things when we are open.

Well I want to see this forum do well. I have used forums for a very long time, right back from the good old BBS style days. Over the years I have used many and indeed still do. But, a few years ago I watched a very good forum I used crash and burn when ranks were introduced? It wasn’t a huge board not quite a 1000 members IIRC. But the ranks thing destroyed it by creating divides, the regular folk quickly went off elsewhere and did their own thing (Think about why you are all here eh)?

JIMJAM said:
I don't pretend to be anything other that a keen motorhomer that wants to build a fun community, I am certainly not an expert, or an "internet entrepeneur" and a month ago had no idea about how to build a simple web page

Which is brilliant? Certainly helps make the board feel like a community, not like a hierarchy.

JIMJAM said:
Membership experience, sign up, and retention in this domain are all new to me, but we have loads of experience on here I am relying on the membership to help me get it right. Unless people tell me what they think and give me the benefit of their experience then the learning curve is going to be steeper that it is already.

Good fun isn’t it. Over the years I have been admin to three boards myself. One very small one is still in existence, but rarely used these days (The topic of the board has almost come to an end).

ROADRUNNER said:
When it comes to number of posts some have more home time than others by way of there work or circumstances.

Yes of course. Some folk on forums also get a high number of posts by participating in games like “Word association”, but never actually post anything of use other than that. (Not a stab at the one on here BTW). Whilst others only post a few times and post extremely useful info each time. So I have always considered the ranks thing pretty unfair as a result.

ROADRUNNER said:
Trouble is where does this leave someone like me?

I couldn't care less about title but being here a lot while no doubt clock up my number of posts and people such as me who wheres there hearts on his sleeve will probably be known by others more by the way their posts content (be it good or bad)

Should I spend less time on this board to let others have a chance?

Absolutely not. Keep on posting. If we all take the mentality then no one will post at all will they. Not a good idea?

ROADRUNNER said:
Seems to me you cant win but the board will only survive by it hard core of members whether its popular on not

Forums are funny things? You will always have that hard core of posters on each one. But the key in my own experience to a good forum is one which revolves around a good relaxed community. One where everyone feels part of it, and not alienated in some way? But it’s difficult because everyone has their right to their own opinion, and sometimes members will clash as a result? Trouble is with many good boards they end up being “commercialized” when they get big, purely for the admins (or owners) financial gain in some way. The boards which refuse to let this happen are dam good ones IMHO.

lc1962 said:
every forum has its "characters" and many of us look fondly upon you as one of ours.

The beauty of this forum is the fact that we are all equal, free to express our opinions and banter with one another without fear of reprisals or intimidation (from people with titles ) unlike other places I have been.

The atmosphere here is happy and welcoming - If I were looking in for the first time I'd be sure to stick around ....well I have haven't I?

Totally agree. The different characters you bump into in a place like this can often make it so much better. If we were all stereo typed Neurotypicals, then wouldn’t it be a tad borning. Sure the GTs of the world can do your head in sometimes, but they also bring a smile to your face too. There are also other members around like johnsandywhite (as an example) whos experience and knowledge has made some damm fine informative posts for many RV’ers, whilst still making interesting reads for the non RV’ers (like me).

Anyway, sorry to ramble on (I’m good at that). But I just want to see this board do well that’s all.

dreamer

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
This will be my first posting.

One of many I hope and a member straight away.

Great:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
reading through the postings on this thread i have to agree that there is no need for ranking, some people spend more time on forum has as been said, some people are more experianced motorhomers, and some more technical than others
I for one am not experianced or yet very technical so my post probably wont be as many as others
I vote all "members" regardless of post
right thats it I'm getting on my own nerves now :roflmto::roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Does this mean I'm now a fully fledged member ? never been a member before.

When I first entered this site I saw 'founder member' and it can be a bit daunting if you're not used to this sort of thing as you don't want to appear foolish in front of experienced people. I also hesitated about attending the Grand Opening as it appeared to be for originators only.

Happy to say those fears dissapeared quickly and I now really enjoy this forum especially the relaxed atmosphere.

Cheers
Ror

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi playing catch up:wub:

agree with just plain member jim:Smile:

ray