Melchior says hi from Holland (1 Viewer)

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Hello everyone :)

Decided to sign up here after discovering that a certain other forum wants € from me to continue!

I'm an English bloke living in Netherlands with my girlfriend having moved here from Germany.

We have a 1999 Knaus Traveller on a Ducato 2.8 id TD. Currently showing 86,000km - bought last August with 75,000 so we're doing alright so far.

There have been a 'few' problems with it, most recent is a loss of 5th gear which I am researching and will record on this forum for future generations to admire.

I'm building a list of modifications in my head to improve the general comfort and ease of use of the motorhome, so will probably be around here for a while asking questions and showing what I've changed etc.

Cheers for now :)
M

OP
OP
M

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Cheers for the welcomes! :)

Despite my first post saying that I came here after finding a certain other forum charges to be a member, I just discovered ... it's the same here!

I'm a member of loads of car forums and have never experienced this concept before! I suppose it keeps the plebs away and pays for hosting etc. but is a tricky idea to get used to.

Anyway, I jumped into my Paypal account and joined up. So I'm now an official non-pleb member (with a broken 5th gear) and hope to enjoy this forum for quite a while longer :thumb:

M

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Melchior, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcome:
I think that you will find that the subscription is money well spent.:thumb:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Hi Brisey,

If I think about the subscription cost versus the cost of buying, running and maintaining the MH, it is such a teeny tiny amount it's not even worth thinking twice about!! :ROFLMAO: Although we only had it 11 months, it has cost a bomb. But we love it and it is worth (Almost!) every penny/cent.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
:welcomefunster:

Hello and welcome to Motorhomefun.

Mel & Lieve

Blodwyn Pig

Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie yet to take delivery of our first motorhome. I'm sure we will find plenty of value here to more than cover the small subscription. ::bigsmile:

Hope you continue to enjoy your travels even missing a fifth gear :thumb:

:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Thanks for the welcome :)

Are you looking to buy new? If not - take this tip from someone who found out the hard way and get a full inspection done by an expert. You might save yourself a huge amount of cash in the long run...! (More on that story at a later date)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back