Meet our new border collie puppy, we give you Gus. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
As many of you will know we recently lost our older border collie RIP Georgie girl.:crying1:

She left such a hole in our lives & our other collie Gabby was looking lost, so we bit the bullet & went hunting for a new dog but, we were not looking for a Georgie replacement.
it'd be unfair to expect this wee guy to measure up. :Eeek:

We couldn't take a rescue dog as our other collie is female & extremely dominant, so we decided on a boy.
To that end we bought Gus as we've called him & he travelled the 70odd miles or so home without any fuss but, boy has he kept us up all night!
He's well worth it though, well just look at him & we wish you could smell that new puppy smell. :lips:
@Mrsambulancekidd is in full mothering mode.
So without further ado, meet please give a warm welcome to Gus.
Gus oct 15th.jpg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Welcome Gus, you are going to have a wonderful life that will be the envy of many others

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Isn’t he lovely!
I have puppy envy, nothing like a puppy to make you feel good
One very lucky dog, to have such loving caring owners, enjoy every minute.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Sorry to hear about Georgie :( but Gus is lovely. (y) There’s just something about Border Collies. I’m getting all broody! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Cracking looking pup(y)(y).
Will take more looking after for a while , but will be more than worth it:D.
Bring him for a coffee at House o'Hill next week:D.
John

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Just had a thought , you might have to keep him "in" for a few weeks dependent on vaccinations.
John

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Lovely pup.
You may find as we did, that your older one will do the training. We really had nothing to do as Meg rapidly trained Spice in how to behave. She still comes down on him like a ton of bricks if he fails to meet her exacting standards even though he is fully grown now.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
As many of you will know we recently lost our older border collie RIP Georgie girl.:crying1:

She left such a hole in our lives & our other collie Gabby was looking lost, so we bit the bullet & went hunting for a new dog but, we were not looking for a Georgie replacement.
it'd be unfair to expect this wee guy to measure up. :Eeek:

We couldn't take a rescue dog as our other collie is female & extremely dominant, so we decided on a boy.
To that end we bought Gus as we've called him & he travelled the 70odd miles or so home without any fuss but, boy has he kept us up all night!
He's well worth it though, well just look at him & we wish you could smell that new puppy smell. :lips:
@Mrsambulancekidd is in full mothering mode.
So without further ado, meet please give a warm welcome to Gus.
View attachment 261820
So cute.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
He's lovely! As soon as I looked at your photo, I imagined that 'new puppy smell.' :) Makes me feel broody for a new puppy. :oops:
Hope you have many happy years with him. (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
When we took on puppies we assumed that our current older dog would assist with the training. We forgot half the time he is the family clown and the other a lazy sod. Taught them to be clean in the house very quickly but everything else has been an uphill struggle at times. Now they are nearly 7 and all 3 dogs have totally unique characters. Love them all so very much

I love the fact the youngsters have known no other life than motorhoming. Sadly Ronnie remembers his previous abusive home at times and is scared to travel . Best thing you can do for Gus is get him out in the car and van as often as you can.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
:hiya2:Hi Gus what a gorgeous boy you are. Welcome to FUN and congrats to your new Parents. Love that puppy smell. Thought he might like the balls!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What an absolute corker, well done Gus, think you'll have fun there all four of you!

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Just had a thought , you might have to keep him "in" for a few weeks dependent on vaccinations.
John

Yes John, he's had his fist jabs but, needs the second one before he can venture out properly.
He had his micro chip done yesterday & there wasn't a cheep out of him, he's a thoroughly agreeable wee chap.

Robert.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello Gus welcome to funster land!

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hiya Gus, Don’t u look adorable. I wish I could have a cuddle. Congrats on the new arrival. View attachment 261827View attachment 261828
You don't live that far away...…..(y)
Cracking looking pup(y)(y).
Will take more looking after for a while , but will be more than worth it:D.
Bring him for a coffee at House o'Hill next week:D.
John
Now that sounds like a great idea, only problem is he isn't due for his first jag yet, that's 2 weeks away.:unsure:
Best thing you can do for Gus is get him out in the car and van as often as you can.
Yup and he just sleeps under my chin and a paw one side of my neck....:love:

He did keep us both awake most of last night, from now on he is going to sleep under my chin on the sofa, but the regular trips outside will continue throughout the night for the toilet. Then when Robert gets up and we've had our breakfast I can grab a sleep...…..so the shift pattern begins.:eek::love:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We used to allow Blue to come to come to bed with us but he kept jumping on it after wet walks etc so when the new house came along so did new rules and a baby gate installed. Gave him a bed with a roof over his head and he soon loved it.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Lovely little puppy! How is your older Border Collie getting along with him?

We'd love a second dog but fear that our 7 year old Border Collie wouldn't. :(

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We used to allow Blue to come to come to bed with us but he kept jumping on it after wet walks etc so when the new house came along so did new rules and a baby gate installed. Gave him a bed with a roof over his head and he soon loved it.
It's just while he adjusts, he's only 6 weeks old, he is realising that the cage isn't a prison now.....it's a place where he gets fed and he is currently fast asleep on the rug outside it.....:love:
He is also enjoying playtime...….
20181016_233225.jpg

Lovely little puppy! How is your older Border Collie getting along with him?

We'd love a second dog but fear that our 7 year old Border Collie wouldn't. :(
She wants to play with him, but he is finding her a little large at the moment, but I know what you mean, we do keep a close eye on how things are progressing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back