Meet Mylo.. Our Jack Russell (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
After long deliberation and research on which breed of dog would be best suited to our lifestyle we finally settled on a Jack Russell .. not too big for the RV, lively, adaptable, intelligent, and a good watch dog..

We picked him up last night .. he is at 9 weeks old .. off to the vet this morning for a check up and his first vaccination..

Any other JRT owners .. ?

Link Removed

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Jim

You get more like a Itinerant every day. Put some milk churns outside the RV and with Mylo you will really look the part :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though he looks a nice dog, no doubt he will be the center of attention at Newark.

Andy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Great choice Jim. They are great with kids and are a dependable RV alarm system, they are also the best excuse ever for a long walk. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Lovely dogs are JR:winky:

But surely Chaz would be happier with these two?:roflmto:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Rabbit pie soon then Jim :winky:

What a great little fellow and what a great life he will have with you all ::bigsmile:

Our two love nothing better then sharing our adventures in the RV :thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
What a lovely looking puppy, I'm sure he will be a great companion and as you say the best anti-intruder alarm you can possibly get. I always think that people who offer a dog a good home are the best.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
doesn't he look a proud little fella.
We had our inspection last night so keep watching for our new arrival, all be it, I will deffinately be able to say mines bigger than yours :ROFLMAO:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
A lovely looking dog jim (Now they say dogs look like their owners):RollEyes: So I'm presuming that hes Chaz's dog.

Sonja

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So he is a wag!

:thumb:So very pleased to hear that he does indeed have a tail, he looks really cute and I am glad he has not been abused in favour of 'fashion' (sadistic mutilation) sorry, just me and my soapbox. Will step off it now! I am sure he will bring you all many years of love and fun. Great dogs Jack Russells, have a Napoleon complex, bit like me, before anyone else adds it! Jane:roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If I ever had another dog it would be a Dane and a JR.

Though about that when Irina took Amy but Bruno's is now not well enough to have a companion at present:Sad:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
After long deliberation and research on which breed of dog would be best suited to our lifestyle we finally settled on a Jack Russell .. not too big for the RV, lively, adaptable, intelligent, and a good watch dog..

We picked him up last night .. he is at 9 weeks old .. off to the vet this morning for a check up and his first vaccination..

Link Removed

He looks a real sweetheart now but wait till he gets wet and muddy and smelly like my 3 bichon frise's and then jumps all over you when you are wearing white jeans.

Seriously he is gorgeous.

Lesley

S

stagman

Deleted User

Link Removed

Great choice and a lovely looking dog . I have always kept Jacks got 4 at the moment love them . If you want to register him you can join the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Great Britain .tel 0776 7777 835 .:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
JR

Trouble is they last for ever!!. We lost our JR last year at 16 1/2 and are pining for another but not until next year. Lovely looking dog and hope you post some more photos was he grows up.::bigsmile:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
and I am glad he has not been abused in favour of 'fashion' (sadistic mutilation) sorry, just me and my soapbox.

I could be completely wrong but I understood a new law came into force about a year ago which banned tail docking except in a few 'special' cases. I'm not in favour under any circumstances BTW

maxitai

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
23 YEARS
Re mylo

USED TO HAVE A JRT, WHAT A WONDERFUL DOG, SHE WAS, AND A GREAT TRAVELLOR.MYLO LOOKS ADORABLE AND I BET HE TURNS OUT TO BE A RIGHT CHARACTOR..HAVE 6 DOGS OURSELVES AND THESE INCLUDE 2 BERNESE
MOUNTAIN DOGS, A GERMAN SHEPHERD, 2 PAPPILONS AND A PEKE.
PAUL:Smile:

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
wee island across pond NI
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
Jrt

hi jim
if he is anything like my jrt [ted] they like their comfort:coolthumb:

Image007.jpg
4106124f.jpg
19286a70.jpg

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Fabulous pup, Jim, congrats and all the best.......we've never been without a dog and I think its great for kids to grow up with one. Its a real little looker, too!!:thumb::thumb:

Laurie

PS Next load of tarmac, our driveway needs repairs :roflmto:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Mylo is really lovely, I am sure you all will have great fun with him.

I miss my dog lost her eighteen months ago, She was a working Hungarian Vizla and had her tail docked , just the last 3rd. When she had pups way back in 1999, we had their tails docked and dew claws done, within days of their births.

I didnt really want it done, but at the time we was hoping that they were going to working homes, and having seen a few dogs with split tails from working the fields and ditches, we decided if it was to be done it had to be done then. We had an excellent vet who came to our house, it was very quick and the dogs seem to forget very quickly.

In the end the dogs didnt go to working homes (its a shame because the working pedigree was second to none). We had phone calls from all around the world for the pups. But in the end on meeting the people they went to the best homes with people who had the time, land, and love. We still get pictures with christmas cards and they are fantastic.

Sorry to open a can of worms, but I can see the debate from both sides.

Enjoy your Mylo, I am so envious, but our future lifestyle would not be suitable for a dog.

Regards Pat

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The list of exceptions (particularly the English rules) was rather long on the terrier/working dog website I thought and still a practice that is barbaric and not required. Until there is a blanket ban, until it becomes unacceptable it will still carry on. I see dogs all the time that have been docked and are under two, also there has been a lot of debate for several years. Where 'breeders' have had a choice of not docking, where potential owners would have been very happy to buy a puppy with a tail. I love it when we are abroad and there are big old Boxer dogs with tails, Mastiffs and Pointers and Dobermans. Sorry I jumped right back up again... anyway check the following link, I am not a great fan of the RSPCA but it does give you the facts. :Sad: Jane
RSPCA || Ban tail docking

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Mylo is really lovely, I am sure you all will have great fun with him.

Enjoy your Mylo, I am so envious, but our future lifestyle would not be suitable for a dog.

Regards Pat

Thanks Pat , I'm sure he will have great fun and we will all benefit from having him..

I fully understand your decision not to have a dog, we gave it a lot of careful thought and postponed our decision until we were sure..
One of the blocks was our trip to Morocco in 2007, where it is not only dangerous from the dogs health point of view but illegal to return to the EU without quarantine.. (no matter what anyone else says or does) ... with that behind us we decided we would rather have a dog than return to Morocco.. we would have had one sooner but thought it better to buy in the UK rather than France..

We are not new to dog ownership and fully appreciate the restrictions a dog can impose but feel the benefits outweigh the disadvantages ..

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Thanks Pat , I'm sure he will have great fun and we will all benefit from having him..

I fully understand your decision not to have a dog, we gave it a lot of careful thought and postponed our decision until we were sure..
One of the blocks was our trip to Morocco in 2007, where it is not only dangerous from the dogs health point of view but illegal to return to the EU without quarantine.. (no matter what anyone else says or does) ... with that behind us we decided we would rather have a dog than return to Morocco.. we would have had one sooner but thought it better to buy in the UK rather than France..

We are not new to dog ownership and fully appreciate the restrictions a dog can impose but feel the benefits outweigh the disadvantages ..

Cheers

Hi Jim, I am sure you have given it the thought needed, You still have europe that you can travel too.

I fell in love with the dogs in Morocco, and could have been sorely tempted to put one of them in the boot, he adopted us at the beach, he was such a great guard dog and in fantastic condition. Then I thought he had it right, he had complete freedom and was very happy. To make matters worse just before we were leaving the site, he went and adopted another couple, broke my heart. he!he!:Doh: I would never break the law though, but then again being married to a policeman doesnt help.

I was trying upload picture of him, but it failed.

Cant wait to meet Mylo at Newark.

Pat

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back