Meet Bumble-a new type of pet. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I've purchased one Richard though still to install the perimeter cable due to garden alterations

Wouldn't it be great if you could get a Tortoise "Body Kit", how cool would that be!
Great idea. (y)
Or, if you live in a bit of a dodgy area a tank body kit, complete with large gun. :D

Richard.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Great idea. (y)
Or, if you live in a bit of a dodgy area a tank body kit, complete with large gun. :D

Richard.

It’s only a matter of time before the blackbirds just sit on top of Robbie to get around the garden, they tend to hop behind him at the moment.

He also seems to have taken agin our next door neighbours cat, as soon as she sits on the lawn he changes direction towards her.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just wading through a 42 page thread on Pistonheads - consensus seems to be they just work [within their capabilities], only a couple of posts so far about failures.
Seems that Flymo is owned by Husqvarna as is McCulloch and quite possibly Gardenia brands as well.

Think one will be going on my Amazon wishlist, and camelcamelcamel alert to await a decent price drop.

He also seems to have taken agin our next door neighbours cat, as soon as she sits on the lawn he changes direction towards her.
I've seen a video, on the above thread of a robo mower 'chasing' a fox :D2.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
When his battery gets down to about 30% (roughly an hours mowing) he takes himself back to his kennel/charging station and plugs in. Once fully charged he continues.

View attachment 309329
In the attached photo you can see the flat plate on the grass behind Bumble. He drives up the plate and slots into the charge contacts at the back of the dock. Electrical connections are in the summer house with a low voltage cable running to the dock.

Richard.
as soon as sum scrot find out your away from home it will be gone sold on ebay
bill

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We still use "pets" to cut the rear lawn. The +30 guinea pigs don't need any electricity and run on grass and weeds whilst automatically fertilising the lawn at the same time:D

They all return to their treehouse home via the Guinea pig bridge each evening and get closed in with an automatic chicken door. Peruvian technology at its best.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
A cousin of mine bought the robotised vacuum cleaner years ago, she was so chuffed with it as she said "its great it cleans the house whilst we are in bed, picks up the cat & dog hair as well"
Well having visited her in the farmhouse recently, and not suggesting that she isn't exactly houseproud,:wink: we didn't see any evidence of it doing its job recently, as our feet still stuck to the floor:whistle2:and I needed a Piriton tablet to stop me sneezing & my eyes watering!
She must have thought that I was just so pleased to see her after 15 years....bless her:lips:
Les

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Brian icantremember has had one a long time, ;) I seem to remember they don't get on very well with moles. ? Bob.
Yes, we have had our Robomow, "Robbie the Robot", for about five years now.

Generally he behaves very well, although he does tend to get stuck on the odd molehill and has occasionally been found marooned in a flower border for which I blame his pilot Arnie.

20170714_114748.jpg

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting one of these for their 'estate'...
Amazon Prime Day "Deal of the Day" is the Flymo 1200R [rebadged Husqvarna 105] at a stonking £200 off [33%]...
It's the cheapest it's ever been (y)
Usually Amazon prices it at around £520-£560

Yes, I've bought one :cool:.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just an update on our Bumble.

We came home from almost a month away to find a very neat and tidy looking lawn.
Some of the edges were a bit wild but five minutes with the strimmer sorted those.

We did have one hiccup when he didn’t connect properly with the charging contacts but I had a warning on the phone app and an email to my neighbour sorted that.

So far, after just over a month in use, we are very impressed.

Richard

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've been shocked at the prices of the little shelters/garages for these robotic friends...

Do all you owners have one, or do you leave it exposed to the elements?

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I've been shocked at the prices of the little shelters/garages for these robotic friends...

Do all you owners have one, or do you leave it exposed to the elements?
They are designed to be left out and if they survive in their native Sweden I guess they will survive in the UK.

Just take it inside for the winter when it doesn’t have anything to do.

Richard

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'd love to get one for our garden just to keep Tazzy amused ... mind you, she'd probably end up sat on it having a ride round!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back