Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
After much discussion, we have agreed that due to Sandy's tendency to sea sickness and since it is the Bay of Biscay, we won't be going that way but will travel from Calais. Oh well - we can make it a longer trip. That is if we do actually go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Think we might be taking the same option Ivy. We were on the Balmoral across the B of Biscay over Xmas two years ago. It was like being on a big dipper. The ship couldnt dock at Lexois for Oporto due to rough seas.:cry:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Marjal Group owns 2 Gas stations around the area, one in Guardamar and the other one in La Marina (Elche), we are seriously thinking about getting at least one LPG pump.

Raimon
What a star... I've heard (as this is our first foray into Spain with an American RV) that getting LPG is a major headache especially for topping up the domestic Gas tank if your doing a long stay. And that it often requires long trips just to do that.
A local LPG pump with good access would really be a helpful addition and it will certainly get used.:Smile:

PS we are also Welsh (Port Talbot) and booked in from end of September to March 2012 so will be at both sites good to hear about the free use of the Spa. :thumb:

Stuart & Kay

Wahooo

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We enjoy France too much to travel over the Bay of Biscay. I have not done the sums yet, but at 26-29mpg and staying off the toll, it should make for a cheaper, more interesting trip:thumb:

I'll drink to that !!:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well that is 4 travelling via France ... ohhh cant wait ....oops Jim, think you can put us down
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well that is 4 travelling via France ... ohhh cant wait ....oops Jim, think you can put us down too , so hoping now that a win albeit small maybe so that i can go skiing too in feb :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Rally at the new Marjal - March 2012

We might be there to welcome you, Euro-tunnel booked for January until end of March - Whoopee ! :sin:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After much discussion, we have agreed that due to Sandy's tendency to sea sickness and since it is the Bay of Biscay, we won't be going that way
Ivy

We've done it about 4 times and dead calm.

Anyway, modern seasickness pills are wonderful, I researched that going Newcastle - Norway. I nearly died as I clung on to the bed to stop falling out then they sold me A Pill at reception. Almost instant G R R R E A T.

Bought a pill on the return and never felt a thing.

Only problem on Santander can be a bit of boredom when you get fed up of dolphin spotting.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it should make for a cheaper, more interesting trip:thumb:

I think "cheaper" depends if you just look at the CC statement or throw in the true running costs, probably at least 50p a mile, and any camping a food costs. Anyway, it's a business expense to you.

Definitely more interesting.

For folk like Kath, who work hard to pay my pension, time is important and Santander buys them quite a lot of time.

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
My Welsh half is from Neath, I was just there December 2010, I stayed in Blanco's Hotel :Smile:

Raimon

Blanco's has improved immensely over the years, my daughter had her wedding reception there thirteen years ago, she should have had her divorce party there as well. :ROFLMAO:

We both worked for the Neath Port Talbot council before we retired four years ago so know the area well. You must have come over just in time for the blizzards we had this year.:rain:

We look forward to meeting you in September.

Kay & Stu

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Blanco's has improved immensely over the years, my daughter had her wedding reception there thirteen years ago, she should have had her divorce party there as well. :ROFLMAO:

We both worked for the Neath Port Talbot council before we retired four years ago so know the area well. You must have come over just in time for the blizzards we had this year.:rain:

We look forward to meeting you in September.

Kay & Stu

September? Are you coming to Marjal site in Guardamar?

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Hi Raimon

Yes... we are booked in at the Guardamar site from the 25th of September till the 15th of December then we'll move to the new site until the end of March.

I did email and phone to remind them it is a 30' American with trailer and car just hoping they put me on a pitch big enough.:Doh:

As its our first time overwintering in Spain we are looking forward to the warmer winter..:thumb:

kay & Stu

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We've done it about 4 times and dead calm.

Anyway, modern seasickness pills are wonderful, I researched that going Newcastle - Norway. I nearly died as I clung on to the bed to stop falling out then they sold me A Pill at reception. Almost instant G R R R E A T.

Bought a pill on the return and never felt a thing.

Only problem on Santander can be a bit of boredom when you get fed up of dolphin spotting.

No chance! I was nearly divorced after taking him out on a boat at Monterey to go whale spotting. It was calm in harbour, how was I to know. He was just getting over it 4 (yes 4) days later, when I wanted to go in a plane over the Grand Canyon. How was I to know these little planes bob up and down with the thermals? Another 4 days. Never again. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I'm really sorry Sandy, but please remember, it was 14 years ago now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

Ivy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Prices....

Quick calculation. 2 people.

20 days = 11.37 * 20 = €227.40

31 days = 9.6 * 31 = €297.60

QUESTION: Can we just turn up around the 5th stay as long as we want then pay appropriate rate ?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
After much discussion, we have agreed that due to Sandy's tendency to sea sickness and since it is the Bay of Biscay, we won't be going that way but will travel from Calais. Oh well - we can make it a longer trip. That is if we do actually go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

We're of the same mind ::bigsmile:
BTW are there any definite dates yet ?

Mike

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Don't think so. This is just a suggested rally which is attracting a lot of attention. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Is there a list yet of those who are going, its got us thinking.

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
rally - Marjal

We are looking at this site to spent time from Jan 2012, but not sure, it willl be our first winter away, so would be interested in the Rally, but we too find prices confusing. Also does it have an indoor pool? if so is it in the gym part, which seems a lot more expensive than UK

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are looking at this site to spent time from Jan 2012, but not sure, it willl be our first winter away, so would be interested in the Rally, but we too find prices confusing. Also does it have an indoor pool? if so is it in the gym part, which seems a lot more expensive than UK

From Raimon's mouth:

Regarding the Spa & Gym it´s free of charge for reservations made before opening

The prices are all well documented in their advert - see right hand side of screen. Just take these and knock off 30% if you are prepared to book early.

Simples.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Interest shown.....

Quite a lot of talk masks not many committed names.

Marjal

Jim – He who must be obeyed.
Hilldweller
Nearly Retired – maybe
Old-mo
Brisey – very interested
Pat4Neil – possible
Chrisgreen
Snitrats – could be interested
Yodeli – wee tent – ah.
Road Runner – maybe
Champers
Tonka
boband jane – if dogs cheap
family guy – very interested
griffs – sounds good
LyndonRV – school holidays ?
artona – school holidays ?
loujess – possible
Salopian – give Frankie a lift
billkce
lancer – there anyway – better get booking right for 30%
canopus36 – via France for dogs
jaygee – could be interested
Geordie and the dragon – in area
m1tch – maybe
mikeandcarolyn – maybe
carol – who is going ?
silverdreams – in area

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
marjal rally

Rally Only 50 miles away so if get "big" dog sitter (you read right) will get to the rally and meet all you guys that i see on the forum :thumb:

Attachments

• Copy of kai-front-house.jpg
    Copy of kai-front-house.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back