Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
where have i seen those elephants before

i know at cambrils park near salou

great campsite but going to be all bungalows next year which is a shame :cry:

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
which ferry rout will you be taking

Who is that addressed to ?

TIP: if you hit Quote Post instead of Post Reply there is never any doubt. I wish more people would do it. I do get confused easily at my age.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Before it opens ?

Its open dear Hilldweller!!

Dear Eaton family,
When you are coming with the ACSI card, unfortunately we can't make you
any reservation. We can only make reservations with the camping rates.
But I am pretty sure that you will have no problem finding a pitch around 1
November. If you want you can always give us a ring few days before or the
same morning, just to make sure about availability.
Kind regards,
CAMPING MARJAL

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is looking like its going to happen then::bigsmile: I'll get onto Raimon and get him to put a few "Reserved for Funsters" signs made:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We may be up for this rally Jim. However we will have our pooch with us so the Santander option is probably not an open to us. We'd be up for travelling down through France in a convoy down if anyone else was interested.

Lynda, Ken & Jess:thumb:

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Wow! I hadn't checked Motorhome fun for some days now, and I find 9 pages of posts :Smile:, We would be really pleased to have some funsters here.

I´ll post the video updates from the campsite's building site in this thread from now on:

So here is the latest video update from yesterday:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHQ1fkKtN1s[/ame]

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So here is the latest video update from yesterday:

Can you really get that ready for us ? 7 months and your videos hardly ever show people working.

There is this British fear of arriving on a building site, it's happened too often.

Do you charge extra for the indoor pools ?

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
We may be up for this rally Jim. However we will have our pooch with us so the Santander option is probably not an open to us. We'd be up for travelling down through France in a convoy down if anyone else was interested.

Lynda, Ken & Jess:thumb:

There is 1 of the ferries set up, so that you can take your dog into the Cabin for the duration of the crossing. We have booked this for November :thumb::thumb: Portsmouth to Santander.

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Can you really get that ready for us ? 7 months and your videos hardly ever show people working.

There is this British fear of arriving on a building site, it's happened too often.

Do you charge extra for the indoor pools ?

We currently have more than 200 workers at the building site. The site will be completely finished by November, we will then have almost a month for testing before opening to make sure everything is ready and working fine. You are certainly not going to arrive to a building site. :thumb:

Regarding the Spa & Gym it´s free of charge for reservations made before opening, but normally it will cost 35€ / month for guests and 55€ for non-guests. Also, we offer day passes for 7€. On the existing Marjal site in Guardamar Spa & Gym are included, but the new campsite is 8 times the size of the one in Guardamar (1500 pitches) Imagine 1000 guests at the Spa at the same time... That´s why we will charge an extra rate

Raimon

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Wouldn't it be nice if they had an LPG pump on site to top up your tanks!! Maybe Repsol would be interested in supplying one!!!

Just a wish you never know?:thumb:

Stu

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Wouldn't it be nice if they had an LPG pump on site to top up your tanks!! Maybe Repsol would be interested in supplying one!!!

Just a wish you never know?:thumb:

Stu

Marjal Group owns 2 Gas stations around the area, one in Guardamar and the other one in La Marina (Elche), we are seriously thinking about getting at least one LPG pump.

Raimon isn't English but your English is faultless, are you English with a Spanish name ?
Thanks for the compliment about my English :) Raimon is a Valencian name, the Valencian version of Ramon in Spanish or Raymond in English. I´m half Spanish half Welsh::bigsmile:

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
Wahoo Raimon, nice to know that you are half Welsh too as there are quite a few Funsters that are Welsh :thumb::thumb:

Good idea about the LPG /GPL pump, we were at a motorhome show here in the UK where they had one set up and it was constantly busy

Kath of champers
(half Welsh also)

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I am glad the spa and gym is included, I wouldnt pay the charge for it if it wasnt.

Jim if we book some pitches will they be sort of together, if so what about the different requirements, ie comfort, lux and the other one(cant remember). I think Raimon would need to know that when booking.

Is there any chance of getting a group booking on Brittany ferries, as I think you need about 10 to get a 10% discount. I know it depends on numbers and who will be going from what direction, as a few have mentioned that they are already out there then.

Just my thoughts.

Pat

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
As a matter of interest, I just spoke to Brittany Ferries and a one way crossing on 22 March (yes I know its the wrong date), with a dog friendly cabin, for 2, van height 3m, length 6.5 would be £437.50. I suspect, we'd probably drive back through France. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

PS The dog has to be muzzled all the time it is in a public place. Ellie? Muzzled? She was frightened of her own puppies.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
As a matter of interest, I just spoke to Brittany Ferries and a one way crossing on 22 March (yes I know its the wrong date), with a dog friendly cabin, for 2, van height 3m, length 6.5 would be £437.50. I suspect, we'd probably drive back through France. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

PS The dog has to be muzzled all the time it is in a public place. Ellie? Muzzled? She was frightened of her own puppies.

WOT no muzzle for wife dont they know there bite is just as bad:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Ivy

Muzzling isnt a problem. What do you do about the dog peeing and pooing on such a long crossing?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
The dog friendly cabins have a vinyl floor covering so you might need to take some form of carpet if your dog is not good on slippy floors, They only have so many dog friendly cabins but i think there are kennels as well and both are i think from what i remember are on the deck that has the dog exercise area, now being that brittany are a french company they just might let you take the dogs in public areas as they used to do on other french ferries (hence the muzzling) but then again they might not due to providing a designated area for our pooches.
When you get on the ferry you leave the dog/s in the vehicle and take your overnight stuff, get the key to your allocated cabin put your stuff in and then go back to collect your dog/s, these cannot be taken up to the cabin/kennel untill the deck is clear of other passengers. You are expected to clear up after your dogs poops, and if the dog is kennled you are expected to keep that clean of dog mess

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Marjal Group owns 2 Gas stations around the area, one in Guardamar and the other one in La Marina (Elche), we are seriously thinking about getting at least one LPG pump.

Raimon
What a star... I've heard (as this is our first foray into Spain with an American RV) that getting LPG is a major headache especially for topping up the domestic Gas tank if your doing a long stay. And that it often requires long trips just to do that.
A local LPG pump with good access would really be a helpful addition and it will certainly get used.:Smile:

PS we are also Welsh (Port Talbot) and booked in from end of September to March 2012 so will be at both sites good to hear about the free use of the Spa. :thumb:

Stuart & Kay

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
After much discussion, we have agreed that due to Sandy's tendency to sea sickness and since it is the Bay of Biscay, we won't be going that way but will travel from Calais. Oh well - we can make it a longer trip. That is if we do actually go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
After much discussion, we have agreed that due to Sandy's tendency to sea sickness and since it is the Bay of Biscay, we won't be going that way but will travel from Calais. Oh well - we can make it a longer trip. That is if we do actually go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

We enjoy France too much to travel over the Bay of Biscay. I have not done the sums yet, but at 26-29mpg and staying off the toll, it should make for a cheaper, more interesting trip:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We enjoy France too much to travel over the Bay of Biscay. I have not done the sums yet, but at 26-29mpg and staying off the toll, it should make for a cheaper, more interesting trip:thumb:

Jim... well you know what John thinks of the Santander ferry, other than me having to sleep on the floor as the ferry was rolling sooo much that it was unafe to sleep up there and John was not feeling quite himself (top bunk mattress just fitting on the small area) I had a ball with Suzy, we were catching all the dinner plates skidding across the tables etc we had great fun, especially when the beautious punch bowl on the bar went flying as we approached to get a drink, oh and then the duty free only just had ample supplies as nearly all went flying off the shelves and crashed to the floor ....
Oh yes really looking forward to doing that crossing again .... not lolol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If short of time yes the ferry crossing is the best and in fairness it was mid November, but if you have the time IMHO I think how lovely to drive all the way not too lazily but not too hurried
again if you are on a timed holiday using some tolls will be needed in France at least again IMHO

Wahoo Raimon the Welsh are a coming xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back