Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Calais ? You mean you got lost ???

Going on the train Brian, after the last Santander trip hubby said never again, so the train it is:thumb::thumb:

Gerald why never again for Biarritz?

We were hoping for somewhere that area

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Gerald why never again for Biarritz?

€10 a night, scruffy and very busy. It's also a cut through for the local 'erberts on their mopeds ("beeeeep" "beeeeeep" etc) and in their souped-up old bangers. You do get hookup (if you're early).

A few km to the north, there is Anglet - free, a view of the sea from the end of the aire, secure, and space to choose a good pitch. And a lovely walk from the end of the aire, down to the sea front, and along the promenade. Lovely bars / restaurants, bread shop 10 minutes' walk.

We stayed there for many days last Spring.

Gerald

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Having being the first Funster to arrive at Marjal Circa September 2011 and having moved to my plot here on 10th of the 11th of the 11th I have made loads of friends here:welcomefunster:..... Dutch, German, Spanish, Belgian, Italian, Norwegian and Swedes but the ones who moan and gripe the most are the Bleeding British nothing is right for them!!!!!!:shout:

Now get a grip you lot!!!!:Doh: so you are not in each others pocket..:cry:you have the best Loo's this side of the Burlington Hotel:thumb:. The most polite and helpful staff you will ever meet.::bigsmile: walk a few steps knock on the door and say hello and get the vino tinto out:wine:

Soon you will have a party going Way Hay :beer::party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I just did as you said.... :thumb:

Went and knocked on the Germans RV next to me, and said hello,

Im Old Mo....... give us a drink....

He just said PEEeest orf... do you know what time it is....:cry:

So your idea dont work... :Sad::winky::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Behave Mr Lancer...

Moaning is our national right... :thumb:

You have been away too long... making friends with all those foreigners... :Eeek:

Wouldn't catch me making friends with continentals... :ROFLMAO: :winky:

Remember we have a reputation to protect... :winky:

Anyway I don't like wine... whining... well that is different... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Having being the first Funster to arrive at Marjal Circa September 2011 and having moved to my plot here on 10th of the 11th of the 11th I have made loads of friends here:welcomefunster:..... Dutch, German, Spanish, Belgian, Italian, Norwegian and Swedes but the ones who moan and gripe the most are the Bleeding British nothing is right for them!!!!!!:shout:

Now get a grip you lot!!!!:Doh: so you are not in each others pocket..:cry:you have the best Loo's this side of the Burlington Hotel:thumb:. The most polite and helpful staff you will ever meet.::bigsmile: walk a few steps knock on the door and say hello and get the vino tinto out:wine:

It wasn't open in September.

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Hilldweler.....We arrived at the old Guadamar site in September and moved to the new one on the the tenth of November... as per post .....OHhh you are so pedantic......but then never mind your allowed being a Brit:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Mo did you say "Give us a drink Bitte" its only polite you know:Blush:

JJ Viva la difference Ducks (Stoke) Yo-bro (Barbadian) Buttie (Welsh) and all the other languages I know. :imoutahere::imoutahere:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I say, form a queue chaps !

I note that you are somewhat reticent to disclose the number of the plot that you occupy !!
Would that be in case you don't want to be sociable with the vino tinto (I prefer vino blanco by the way!) to the huddled masses of funsters with a raging thirst !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
lancer is on plot b1,walked over and spoke with him yesterday, nice guy:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Old Mo did you say "Give us a drink Bitte" its only polite you know:Blush:
:

Well I tried a different approach this morning...

Knocks on the door and say`s ... Goodunmoaning,,,,, I`m old Mo.... Got a drink for me and make it a Bitte.... :thumb:

And I`ll give you a bit of my Landjäger, I was stood there with it in my hand...

And she just screamed and slammed the door... :cry:

So I give up with your friendly Germans... I`ll stick with the Brits.. Thankyou.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
To save me time in answering all of you individually, Yes, Jamesons is my favourite whiskey:Smile: And yes; by a strange conincidence, it is my Birthday on the 5th, the day the rally starts :winky: :roflmto::roflmto:

OK I'll admit, no one's asked me yet, but now you don't have too::bigsmile:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
To save me time in answering all of you individually, Yes, Jamesons is my favourite whiskey:Smile: And yes; by a strange conincidence, it is my Birthday on the 5th, the day the rally starts :winky: :roflmto::roflmto:
i know it's your 54th birthday:Smile: and we got you the same as last year:thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just a thought,but,could how we feel about how far apart we are etc.be influenced by whether we are at Marjal because there is a Funsters Meet,or,whether we are attending a Funsters Meet because we are in Marjal ::bigsmile:
We have never stayed on this sort of site before (Butlins with Wheels) and probably never would if it wasn't for the Meet-we hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Mike.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
any funsters want to visit im in bungalow 7,be sure to bang as hard as you can,as im a bit muton:thumb::ROFLMAO:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Blimey, this is spooky, I have got Jim the same thing as last year....

I think we've got some of that on board our van too. That's lucky!

whether we are at Marjal because there is a Funsters Meet,or,whether we are attending a Funsters Meet because we are in Marjal

We're using the meet as an excuse to try the area again. And to meet up with some nice people. Anyone know of any? :Cool:

We have never stayed on this sort of site before (Butlins with Wheels) and probably never would if it wasn't for the Meet-we hope to be pleasantly surprised.

We are, Mike. We're more of your 'hopping from aire to aire' kind of people. My brothers are caravanners, and will go somewhere and sit for day after day. Having said that, we're enjoying the walking, cycling, using the swimming pool, etc etc. We're thinking of coming again next year (especially now it's stopped raining :RollEyes:)

Gerald

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
any funsters want to visit im in bungalow 7,be sure to bang as hard as you can,as im a bit muton:thumb::ROFLMAO:

Im sure you said !7 in an early post, 10 door away form that herman mit der ladenhoissen und grossen fru:RollEyes:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Will leave the studio within the hour and head for Marjal via Madrid...

Solex is on the back of the Hymer...

Things on the list will be checked when I can find the list...

Then, cut my hair, shower and off (via supermarket)... (I assume Spanish supermarkets are closed on Sundays...)

My head hurts...

Am planning to report in from near the Spanish border... was going to avoid the motorway they have just made into a toll road but can't be bothered... use it now... pay for it later...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Will leave the studio within the hour and head for Marjal via Madrid...

Am planning to report in from near the Spanish border... was going to avoid the motorway they have just made into a toll road but can't be bothered... use it now... pay for it later...

JJ.................... If you follow a gert big truck through...

Right up his bum you may be able to sneek through before the barrier goes down.. :thumb:

If you are quick... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
JJ.................... If you follow a gert big truck through...

Right up his bum you may be able to sneek through before the barrier goes down.. :thumb:

If you are quick... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

So thats how the rising bollards got yer,:cry:

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Marjal

Allan and would very much like to attend the meet as we are in Spain at the present time we would arrive on the 9th
Thanks Bee:roflmto:

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
marjal

I forgot to ask how do we book
Bee

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
hi
made it to Valencia from France this morning, site crap but just somewhere to sleep.

should be at marjal lunchtime tomorrow.

looking forward to some r and r and fun.

pat and Neil

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Weather has been brillant lately Kath ... no need to worry !! I would not try to cross through Andorra though ... you never know which weather you'll get ...It changes far too quickly! If you choose Perpignan it can be on national roads or motorways:winky:

Unfortunatly I won't be there anymore to host you for a night rest.... as I will be flying to Madrid on Saturday evening::bigsmile:!

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

Thankyou Frankie yes we miss you again ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

but....we may catch you on the way home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back