Meet at Misterton, Nr Doncaster (1 Viewer)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
As already said what a great weekend at Miasterton, lovely site, niced and flat with plenty of EHU if needed, big thanks to Sheila & Mick, Shirl & Andy for being our host and nigel & pamala for providing the shelter, it would have been a tad cold if we did'nt have them, Bob also liked the beer tent (close enough to stagger back to the camper)
well be back next year, put our names down.
Toby loved the walk along the canal too, he is now fast asleep Zzzzzzzzzzz

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
A huge thank you to Sheila and Mick for a fantastic meet at Misterton. The shoes,cakes scones and entertainment were first class! It was great to be with such a friendly crowd,seeing old friends and making new.

A super walk to the micro brewery to taste the Idle Sod,Idle Dog and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaidle bodger aftaa wwwitch th eee waaalkk bak seamed sh horta.

Got home an hour ago after taking the van to storage. Would have been quicker but we were caught in the back draft of Santara Vision as he sailed past us at warp factor 10!
Good on yer,Tony!

Hope to meet you all again soon
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
another great meet organised to the usual funsters standards :thumb:

even though shirl was feeling a bit grim she also enjoyed it...especially friday night (hic ! hic ! :winky: )

got home around 4pm after an unscheduled stop to wind in the slide-out sun canopy.....someone forgot to puts the locks back on the arms :Doh::Blush: not a pleasant job up on the roof in that wind at the side of the road :Eeek:.

anyway....really enjoyable weekend (even the mystery of the missing satellite signal didnt spoil it, Brian :RollEyes:) and thanks to all involved :thumb:

PS..mick and sheila......we didnt really mind acting as your windbreak :ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Sheila, Mick and all who helped for a lovely week end.

Larry and Win

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Again I would like to thank Sheila & Mick for another great meeting, as well as everyone else that made it a great success.:Smile:
It'sd been very windy here today, especially as my personal windbreak has driven off to Ferry Meadows :ROFLMAO:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
We would like to thank Sheila & Mick for a great meet we will get out more at the next one like we usually do honest. It was nice to meet old friends and make some new ones it will hopefully be in our new van.

Safe travels everyone :thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi All

I cant go without mentioning the first funster golf event all went well but i think the biggest bandit could be Gill:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and as for Al he told us he was a member but didnt have a clue where the greens where:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We have some pics will post them later when iv'e worked out how to :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

or were they a great double act :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ah ah - foiled again. Well we had to do something to put you off! :RollEyes:

The golf was great thanks and we had a good visit to the meet on Friday evening.

Gill

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
What a great job Mick & Sheila did at this meet:thumb::thumb::thumb: with help (and bacon) from Andy & Shirl:thumb::thumb:
We waited 'till the wind died----then with help from Brisey (Brian) Roadrunner (John) and Amanda3000GT (Dave) got the shelters safely back into their bags---they really had to work hard this weekend !!!!!!!---------It is dead calm here now----why couldn't it be like that during the day ??:Sad:
What a great weekend !!!!!!!!!!! how are you going to top that next year Runrig -------??????????
Nigel & Pamala

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We waited 'till the wind died----then with help from Brisey (Brian) Roadrunner (John) and Amanda3000GT (Dave) got the shelters safely back into their bags---they really had to work hard this weekend !!!!!!!---------It is dead calm here now----why couldn't it be like that during the day ??:Sad:

Glad you got the shelters down in one peice and packed away safely, could'nt have done without them!! it's not windy here now neither, shame it was'nt like it at the weekend, but at least it did'nt rain. thanks again for the beer tent's:thumb:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Got home an hour ago after taking the van to storage. Would have been quicker but we were caught in the back draft of Santara Vision as he sailed past us at warp factor 10!
Good on yer,Tony!

Hope to meet you all again soon
Lucille[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that Lucille :Blush: Hope I didn't have your wing mirrors spinning as I passed :roflmto::roflmto:

Great weekend once again big thanks to Runrig and the Gang for their efforts in making another successful meet :thumb:

See you all soon
Tony & Ruth

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just to echo what others have said. Excellent weekend. Great to meet up with friends and make some new ones.

Thanks to whoever pointed Lea back towards our van in the early hours of Saturday morning. She claims to only having had a few glasses of wine. :roflmto:

Many, many thanks to Sheila, Mick, Nigel, Pamela, Andy and Shirley (and anyone else who helped behind the scenes) for arranging and making it all happen.

Paul and Leanne

Think the dog also enjoyed himself. ::bigsmile:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Misterton

My Husband and I........ (that's just for you Dick!) would also like to thank everyone for a very warm friendly and fun meet.
Managed to catch up on a lot of Zzz'ing and am fully recharged and ready to start again.
Was great to catch up with old friends and really good to meet new ones too.
Cakes to die for

and I hope that Zip Line is still there next year, as I had a go on it yesterday and it was exhilarating, never knew i could move so fast or laugh so much. lol. think it could become a competition piece for next year!

Those of you going to Norfolk next weekend hope you all have a good time.

love n hugs

Andrea & Jeff
oh and Chip & Bobbie

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We can only endorse what has already been said about a truly great Funster meet. Thanks Sheila, Mick, Shirl and Andy for all of your hard work. Thanks also to Pamala and Nigel for providing the event shelters. It was good to meet up with Funster friends old and new, Misterton 2012 is already on our to do list.
Safe travels everyone,
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
grrrrr

Having noticed our windscreen had popped out at the bottom yesterday :Eeek:...i phoned national windscreens this morning at 9am and told i would be phoned back........12 pm and no call,phoned again same answer will phone back from the nearest depot...1.30pm chris the owner comes out to cut the grass....phoned again 2pm......same..............2-45 hooray phone call will be there in 45mins........3.20still waiting,absolutely bouncing it down with rain and still waiting......grrrrrrrrr:Angry:.apart from that all is well.:thumb:just need to get to lincoln for the service tomorrow at 9.30am.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sheila & Mick, Shirl & Andy brilliant great meet:thumb: BIG THANKS:coolthumb::thanks2:

Nigel & Pamela, you guys with your event tents and BBQ what can I say :winky::notworthy:

Another first class meet defying the weather and still being a huge success :thanks2:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Thanks to Runrig and everyone else who helped with the meet, also thanks to all the funsters who attended which was part of the reason it was such a good meet. :thumb::thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Having noticed our windscreen had popped out at the bottom yesterday :Eeek:...i phoned national windscreens this morning at 9am and told i would be phoned back........12 pm and no call,phoned again same answer will phone back from the nearest depot...1.30pm chris the owner comes out to cut the grass....phoned again 2pm......same..............2-45 hooray phone call will be there in 45mins........3.20still waiting,absolutely bouncing it down with rain and still waiting......grrrrrrrrr:Angry:.apart from that all is well.just need to get to lincoln for the service tomorrow at 9.30am.

Hope you got sorted Andy & Shirl :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well what can I say that has not already been said. Thanks to Sheila and Mick, Andy and Shirl and all of the ladies who provided the wonderful fattening cakes. Nigel and Pamela for providing a super shelter that really works well. It was our first northern meet and when we eventually get our passports back will no doubt come to another. It was magic meeting the many people I have spoken to in the chatroom, or bandied words with on the forum. The bacon rolls were fabulous and will be talked about until the next time, hee hee. We have just got home and this is my first post since getting in the door. I apologise to those I never got to speak to, and to those I never got a chance to say goodbye to. Now off to the chat room
Cheers all.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Rally Album for Misterton May 2011

Jim
could you please add an album, in the Rally Photo's for Misterton Meet 2011
thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have added the album, sorry to keep you waiting. Looking forward to seeing some photos:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back