LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
is it possible to get your medication when you are abroad whats needed if you can i know my dr will give me 2months meds and some i can buy over the counter in spain but what about long term whats the procedure :unsure:

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Ask your doctor to give you a prescription, you may have to pay, but if you get free tablets keep recipte, and
claim it back when home, thats what we do.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Bill, you can request up to three months of most medications to take abroad with you. After that you need a letter from your Doctor and have your persciption to hand. Many people 'hold' a few weeks worth which might take you up to 4 months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thanks all those with sensible answers for those who took the piss (although the answers were true lol) be afraid and i would never say nowt about ugly pill for dawn after her lobotomy she cant understand anyway :whistle:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I recently received 4 months supply before over wintering in Spain. My understanding is, as long as your not out of the country for more than 6 months your G.P. has to keep you on his register. If you are having regular check up's or on going monitoring by your G.P. and everything is stable, there is no reason why he /she should not give you medication for your whole trip duration. Just make sure you give him plenty of notice before your departure so your G.P. can arrange for any routine test's before you go. Make a bit of an issue of it with your G.P. Unless you are at risk there is no reason why he/she should not accommodate you.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've just dropped a prescription request in at the surgery and will do another at the end of August. That way I'll have more than enough for the USA trip and a week or more when we get back. I should have a routine check up just after we leave but will get it done before we go. My GP is great about arranging that - it's only a simple blood tests so the HCA can do it.

Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
I recently received 4 months supply before over wintering in Spain. My understanding is, as long as your not out of the country for more than 6 months your G.P. has to keep you on his register. If you are having regular check up's or on going monitoring by your G.P. and everything is stable, there is no reason why he /she should not give you medication for your whole trip duration. Just make sure you give him plenty of notice before your departure so your G.P. can arrange for any routine test's before you go. Make a bit of an issue of it with your G.P. Unless you are at risk there is no reason why he/she should not accommodate you.

I can confirm this. I left UK in April with 6 months of prescription meds from my GP after explaining to him that I would be abroad until the end of Sept. However my prescriptions are free so for those who have to pay I'm not sure of the procedure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I can confirm this. I left UK in April with 6 months of prescription meds from my GP after explaining to him that I would be abroad until the end of Sept. However my prescriptions are free so for those who have to pay I'm not sure of the procedure.
Just picked 6 months supply up from my surgery yesterday !!! Nowt wrong with the NHS now have both cataracts done and a pacemaker a couple of years ago !!

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I think it could also depend on what type of medication youre on, one of my new drugs is not available on repeat prescription and I need to to have it once every 28 days. Its early days i think once I can get Neil to inject me that would stop the need to go to the surgery, but if doctor is reluctant to prescribe more than a month at a time that could really scupper things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back