Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hello

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but does anyone have any suggestions for travel insurance companies that don't have extreme charges for people with pre-conditions? The insurance company my husband has been using, MIA, have changed their underwriter and the premium has gone up quite a lot despite his risk status reducing.

We would be grateful for any help. Many thanks.

Jenny

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Both my wife and I have pre-existing conditions and usually end up getting a policy that, though more expensive, doesn't cover the conditons we have!

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
EhicPlus.

Two OAPs with hypertension. Annual multi-trip, max 42 days per trip, around the £50 mark.

breakaleg

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 Years
You could try a company called free spirit, pop that into google and do an online quote.
Me hypertension, type 2 diabetes and a pin in my leg £150.00 for annual multi trip including my wife (no conditions)
Pete

caddyshack

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
n/w lancs heysham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
hi
we have done ours with staysure for last 2 years, o/h osteoporosis,hypertension, and type 2 diabetes. me none (touch wood), paid £109.00 for 80 day trip.

tom

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Many thanks for the replies. We have found that EHIC Plus was cheapest for us but running a close second was www.insurepink.co.uk - through Cancer Research.

Best wishes

Jenny

Hi, did you manage to get a quote for more than 45 days?? I looked everywhere on their website and could not find where I could extend it. I have sent them an email and hopefully they will come back to us.

Did you rely on booking on line, or did you ring them??

Ginny

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Upgrade your bank account to a premier, ones with alliance offer travel, medical, recovery, phone and a few other benefits for £25/ month fee. It also gives a great interest rate - at the time of checking out, it was 7% - which was the same as bonds. I dare say you are looking around 3% now - but having said that, if you are active, travelling and over 60, then it could be beneficial!

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
upgrade your bank account to a premier, ones with alliance offer travel, medical, recovery, phone and a few other benefits for £25/ month fee. It also gives a great interest rate - at the time of checking out, it was 7% - which was the same as bonds. I dare say you are looking around 3% now - but having said that, if you are active, travelling and over 60, then it could be beneficial!
24dr travel insurance annual up 90 days a trip and up to age 89. £98. Blackie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back