Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Been using my veterinary skills to patch up Holly :smiley:
She had a bit of a disagreement with her brother and came of worse?
Don’t think she will be to happy when I take the plaster off:rofl:
2F17564B-CB14-466C-A02C-777A8D95C9D0.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Many, many years ago a couple of our dogs had a disagreement late at night, I shot down stairs and promptly went partially through a glass door which jammed as I was trying to open it! :oops: I had a cut above my top lip, a curved inch cut to the top of my right wrist and a piece of glass sticking out of my leg o_O... that was bad enough but when I went into the room it looked like a bloodbath as one dog had bitten the tip off the ear of the other who was shaking her head and throwing lines of blood splatter everywhere! :eek: The walls and ceiling which had been a lovely sunny yellow were decorated with trails of blood, spots, splats ... you name it ... its amazing just how much mess a small amount of 'shaken' blood can make!

I yelled for my hubby to come downstairs - he didn't have a clue as he hadn't heard the door smash! Fortunately most of the glass had stayed in the door so once I'd stuck a tea-towel round my wrist we were able to grab the dog and have a shuftie at her damage, it was still bleeding a bit but we were able to clean it up and put a dressing on it and I made a head 'tube' out of a pair of pop-socks to hold it against her head so she couldn't shake it off. We picked up the few bits of glass that had fallen, dressed my wounds, then mopped up the worse of the blood spatter and went back to bed.

We couldn't get rid of the blood marks so it was cleaned as much as possible then papered over ... goodness knows what the next owner though when they took the paper off!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Many, many years ago a couple of our dogs had a disagreement late at night, I shot down stairs and promptly went partially through a glass door which jammed as I was trying to open it! :oops: I had a cut above my top lip, a curved inch cut to the top of my right wrist and a piece of glass sticking out of my leg o_O... that was bad enough but when I went into the room it looked like a bloodbath as one dog had bitten the tip off the ear of the other who was shaking her head and throwing lines of blood splatter everywhere! :eek: The walls and ceiling which had been a lovely sunny yellow were decorated with trails of blood, spots, splats ... you name it ... its amazing just how much mess a small amount of 'shaken' blood can make!

I yelled for my hubby to come downstairs - he didn't have a clue as he hadn't heard the door smash! Fortunately most of the glass had stayed in the door so once I'd stuck a tea-towel round my wrist we were able to grab the dog and have a shuftie at her damage, it was still bleeding a bit but we were able to clean it up and put a dressing on it and I made a head 'tube' out of a pair of pop-socks to hold it against her head so she couldn't shake it off. We picked up the few bits of glass that had fallen, dressed my wounds, then mopped up the worse of the blood spatter and went back to bed.

We couldn't get rid of the blood marks so it was cleaned as much as possible then papered over ... goodness knows what the next owner though when they took the paper off!

Sorry Mel.. I know not funny but it conjured up such a comedy scene.

Just so we get the images correct, were you wearing pajamas or naked? :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry Mel.. I know not funny but it conjured up such a comedy scene.

Just so we get the images correct, were you wearing pajamas or naked? :)
Not funny at the time but Barley, the one with the bitten ear, seemed to really enjoy 'decorating' the room with blood judging by the stupid look on her face! Getting her to stay still meant we got a bit 'painted' as well ... its a good job the neighbour's didn't call the cops due to the noise! :giggle:

As for me, I think I had PJs on at the time which was just as well, if I'd been naked goodness knows where else the smaller pieces of glass would have stuck ... I would probably have looked like a hedgehog! :oops:

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Good job you did not call para medics with all that blood, dog and human splattered about. You would have had armed cops breaking the doors in minutes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Good job you did not call para medics with all that blood, dog and human splattered about. You would have had armed cops breaking the doors in minutes.
... just think of the fun I could have had watching the CSI people 'working the scene' though! :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back