Free Member
Mar 2, 2011
Bideford
Funster No
MH
eldiss 145
Exp
Im a newbee
With the change of the satellites etc I would ask for help in deciding what to go for in my motorhome Eldiss 145
I would like to have television below Bordeaux so I need to subscribe somewhere I guess
At present I have not purchased a dish
I have sky at home can I upgrade for example to use a box in motorhome
What's the BBC subscript channels like
Any ideas of sub costs :Doh:

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
no need to upgrade sky , just take your skybox from home or get yourself a pace minibox 12v jobbie (takes up less space and is 12v) and put your card in. all your sky channels will work in any sky box except the premium channels ie sky sports and sky movies. if you have the premium channels and you want to use a different box than the one you have at home you will need to pair the card with the box . quick phonecall to sky to sort this but dont tell them your going abroad ! hope this helps sean

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
There was a long thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Worth reading and the Funster SatandPCguy probably knows more than anyone and gives advice regarding which satellite / beam combination is carrying what. If you are looking to get the 'usual' free English channels, you need to get Astra 2E Spot beam.
Broken Link Removed

Also have a look at this map:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?m...l=54.876607,-4.064941&spn=10.228184,19.753418

It suggests that a 1 metre dish will pull in the Astra 2E spot beam in SW France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
forgot to say i have just come up to valencia from cabo de gata. 90% of my sky channels were easily viewable down south and almost 100% in valencia where i am now and thats on my oyster 85 cm dish. no bbcs chan4 or 5 of course but at least i have something to watch on sky if i want to.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
What's the BBC subscript channels like

The main UK BBC channels are all subscription free.
So it makes no difference if you subscribe or not - you will receive (or not receive!) the same signals.

BBC Entertainment is on 9 or 10 east - and is a subscription service designed for expats.
It does not carry movies or sport, and many programmes are very old, or delayed by several days.
And it is only one channels for a over 100 pounds a year charge.

forgot to say i have just come up to valencia from cabo de gata. 90% of my sky channels were easily viewable down south and almost 100% in valencia where i am now and thats on my oyster 85 cm dish. no bbcs chan4 or 5 of course but at least i have something to watch on sky if i want to.
I live 70kms south of Valencia, and my 80x85cm dish gets BBC ITV C4s and five's - which is motorised so I do not know if it is accurately aligned!
but there is a weak time period between 0030 and 0730 when the 2E signal do drop off a lot.
And on my travels around the xativa area the signals do seem to be a tad stronger there than on the coast!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back