Media Player (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Hi Folks
First post in this forum
I have been reading through a threads regarding media players because like a few others I tried to watch films from my USB hard drive plugged into my Avtex tv without success although I went into the service menu and enabled USB

So I was thinking of purchasing something like this which should do the trick I thought?

Amazon product ASIN B01BLJJ9Q4
The advantage of this I was thinking is that whenever I get on some decent WiFi I could use Kodi etc and I could load films onto my 1tb hard drive at home and watch them whilst we are away

Just wondered if anybody can recommend anything better or more useful?
My only concern is that I would want the latest version of android - not that I know too much. About that as we have iPhones iPads etc
I would like to cast YouTube to the tv if I could as well if possible

Cheers

Bob

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome.
Ref The Avtex, as long as you have the right file format it should not be an issue.. Think it's .mp4
I have a 500gb plugged into mine if you have films in other formats then you can get free software off the net that will relabel whole batches.. It's something I messed with a long time ago but it's all a bit rusty now.

The Android box should be ok, I have something similar we use at home and on last trip out a few months ago i took it to keep grandson occupied. We had a usb stick plugged into it with loaded films plus he played some of the Android games. Ref streaming Kodi, all well and good if the wifi is ok BUT with so many people using it and often people trying to stream as well you may find you get little success.
Youtube would be on the android as an app, so again needing a good wifi signal plus the capacity to allow it to stream.

NOTE... Just checked the link and its Android 5.1.1 so a little old. Think they are on 7 or even 8 now. Some of these I know cannot be upgraded. Cant offer any more help on that as beyond my knowledge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sideshow Bob
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Thanks for the welcome guys, lots of interesting information on here for us

Thanks for the info Tonka, I was pretty sure that I saved the files as MP4, anyway for about £40 it’s not worth all the messing about with files and the added benefit of some more channels via Kodi

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The primus plays most formats so need to worry about that aspect. Also works on 12/240V. It has 2T capacity so storage of music, films, tv, photos etc, etc, is easy. I tend to download all my films tv series, box sets etc. in the UK via VPN software, for free then load them onto the box and take with us when abroad. No Wifi needed. We are with Virgin Media and on 100 Mbps so can quickly download shed loads of films.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
If its just films then a usb stick will do the job. Just make sure the films are in a format that the Avtex will take.
Or buy a mirrorcast/chromecast stick then cast from your phone.

The fire tv stick will also cast from a phone and you can use its other features on wifi or tethered from your phone

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I used to have an Android media player box but found it problematic at times and it was only on the 4.2.2 OS. I also found that it wouldn't play certain media types from the external hard drive although newer models might. I now use a firestick which works very well and I have a separate media player for the hard drive which plays most formats:

Amazon product ASIN B017GZJNM2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back