Mechanical and Hab checks prior to selling? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Gearing up to selling our Hymer - is it a good idea to have a full mechanical and habitation check before putting it on the market? Anything else we should do other than polish the fine beast?
Any advice much appreciated. Still feel like a newbie.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
I'd suggest that an up to date hab' & base vehicle service & M.O.T. would be viewed as beneficial from a prospective buyers point of view.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Personaly I wouldn't bother as long as the damp checks are up to date. Last van we traded, previous Hymer sold privately it had never had a habitation check in it's life we had it from new. The only question we were asked from buyers was about the cam belt, it was due for a change so I knocked a couple of hundred of the price and they were happy.

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
We had a habit check done plus mot but buyer decided to have their own and paid for it. So next time I will offer them a hab check by their own appointed engineer and might offer to pay half!!
IMO they are a complete waste of £125+.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We had a habit check done plus mot but buyer decided to have their own and paid for it. So next time I will offer them a hab check by their own appointed engineer and might offer to pay half!!
IMO they are a complete waste of £125+.

That's what we offered when we tried to sell the old van privately. As it was we traded it in, for a very good price, everything was up to date mechanically and they did a hab check whilst we were there (previous one was 6 months old).

As a buyer I would want to see the FSH, hab and cab and also want to have my own damp check done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back