Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Ok, more than 24 hours without an update on progress. Did you resolve it? What did you end up doing?
I spent a wee while at it yesterday, just to butcher a bit of the wood out of the way, but its a slow process so far because its inside a cupboard & you can't see it while your working on it. I'll go back to it today.
Couple that to me being disabled which means I can't spend any more than a few minutes standing up, oh lifes a bitch.

I'll post a photo of the finished article when its done, but it won't be pretty lol.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
So is this antenna designed to fit only one thickness of roof? The OP didn't mention that, so I would assumed the manufacturer would have accommodated different roof thicknesses into the design of the antenna. But perhaps not? 🤔
The roof thickness in fitting is pretty much irrelevant as the whole fitting is automatically adjusted for when you tighten the clamp inside as its threaded, so adjustment is easily done.

See below for the full view.
Roof mount 2.jpg
Roof mount..jpg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It would have been better to cut the inner piece and fix in place tight against the quadrant, screwed to ceiling, then screw the top/outer part down into the now fixed/trimmed nut, then fix this outer part with its screws after it has pulled the two parts together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back