Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Iโ€™m sure heโ€™ll figure out a suitable solution. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

it does sound like a modification to the cupboard baton is looming.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Many, many , moons ago, about 40 years anyway, I watched my dad walk around a piece of 10ft of 10 x 4 mahogany for ages before he finally wound himself up to cut the mitre. :gum:

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Non-Dremels currently in Lidls, ยฃ19.99. Comes in a case with a flexible drive and work light.

I've had one for about 5 years and it's had a very hard life and still works really well

I've been so impressed with it, I bought a cordless one as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Madam, may I refer you back to my post #28 (it's not our fault, we're only men)

As such the number of tools we men NEED is N + 1 where N is the number of tools we already have ๐Ÿ™‚
Need does not equal plus one where X is the present number of tools owned

Need is +3(X) BUT IF cost =+ยฃ50 Need = +5X

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ok, more than 24 hours without an update on progress. Did you resolve it? What did you end up doing?

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
You could design a spacer in a CAD system like design spark mechanical if you take accurate measurements from that base piece with callipers and also include a profile for a cutout for the quadrant corner piece and the desired thickness and then 3D print the spacer in white PLA.
Anyone with a printer could print a spacer in about an hour and when fitted, it will look like it was designed to be that way rather than a bodge because of a slight measuring error. ๐Ÿ˜
The 3D printer is your friend.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
You could design a spacer in a CAD system like design spark mechanical if you take accurate measurements from that base piece with callipers and also include a profile for a cutout for the quadrant corner piece and the desired thickness and then 3D print the spacer in white PLA.
Anyone with a printer could print a spacer in about an hour and when fitted, it will look like it was designed to be that way rather than a bodge because of a slight measuring error. ๐Ÿ˜
The OP was concerned that using a spacer would reduce the length of thread retaining the clamp

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
The OP was concerned that using a spacer would reduce the length of thread retaining the clamp
So is this antenna designed to fit only one thickness of roof? The OP didn't mention that, so I would assumed the manufacturer would have accommodated different roof thicknesses into the design of the antenna. But perhaps not? ๐Ÿค”

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
He isn't getting one... ;)
Ok, more than 24 hours without an update on progress. Did you resolve it? What did you end up doing?
I can report that he was making noise out there, including the vacuum cleaner.:unsure:
I'm sure he will report in when I let him out of his cage.:giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back