Measure Battery Drain (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Staying our motor home until new house is ready been here now four weeks .Had new 130 banner batteries fitted just 12 months ago and been good never dropping below 12.6 even last winter when standing even solar was only putting 0.3 or0.6 in
When we set up here noticed after first day they were down to 12.2 so put the in house charger on for 12 hours ok up to 13.1 but after charger left on wouldn't go any higher before it would have gone up to 14 .
If I leave the charger off they (2) batteries go down as low as 11.7
I tested one battery showing half so put one new battery on and made no difference so need to replace the other
We don't use anything 12 volt as we are on lecci and can't find anything that is draining them
Any ideas please

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Are you saying that you switch the charger off so then think that because you are plugged in you are not using 12v ?

If the above you will still be using 12v for the control panel some lights water pump etc.

Sound like your batteries are possible shot, what type are they ? if AGM don't tell Lenny HB.

Jan 23, 2017
St Albans,
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Have you checked the fluid level in the batteries? Banner batteries are notorious for losing their fluid, they need topping up every 3 months

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sally47
Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
As said these two have been on only 12 months but the two banner previous on for 5 years so stuck with them .Each to there own as buying a motor home, car , etc you get a good one or a bad one seems like these two got bad
Will keep you posted if I find the problem

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back