meander down & back to who now's where (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
13 UK registered moho's no funster stickers on any of them , mine front & back , Billy no mates or no funsters!!!

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Take care with the dog when walking the walls terry, there are some very big drops off the walls with no barriers. Sounds like you have had a good trip, hope all goes well for the journey back to UK.
James

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
13 UK registered moho's no funster stickers on any of them , mine front & back , Billy no mates or no funsters!!!
makes you realise what a small minority of motorhomers we are on here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Further to my no funsters at la Mailleraye , I get a knock at the door this morn from @RedFrame just popped by to say hello,
We then had a problem getting out of the aire as the barrier refuse to go up ,for us and another uk moho, who came to our rescue but none other than RedFrame , who manually lifted it and held it up for both of us.
Hope he gets out later .

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Didn't get to stop at Montreuil aire as full to bursting with moho's cars and a coach , so moved on to cite de europe , then realising toilet needed emptying , funsters to the rescue again 6 in all with directions etc.
Thank you to them all .
Now sat for 2 nights till tunnel booking , as tried to change booking but Sundays fully booked for frequent travellers. Bet if I phoned eurotunnel they'd fit me in for extra charge !!!!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Didn't get to stop at Montreuil aire as full to bursting with moho's cars and a coach , so moved on to cite de europe , then realising toilet needed emptying , funsters to the rescue again 6 in all with directions etc.
Thank you to them all .
Now sat for 2 nights till tunnel booking , as tried to change booking but Sundays fully booked for frequent travellers. Bet if I phoned eurotunnel they'd fit me in for extra charge !!!!!
have a ride up to gravelines(y)(y)

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Not as tight as I thought I was , tried to get a booking and was even prepared to pay any extra , but they were genuinely fully booked. Might try gravelines , but put off a little because of previous threads about the various thefts there. Don't like the rural one at gravelines.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Hope you get sorted.

This has, for me, been one of the best threads for a while. We will use it, as no doubt a few will.

Thank you for your efforts.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hope you get sorted.

This has, for me, been one of the best threads for a while. We will use it, as no doubt a few will.

Thank you for your efforts.
and from us as well really liked your photos, not much you can add , but followed your tour everyday

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
If you need any gps for any of the aire used , just PM me next week ,
As I will be a bit busy as moho is plastered with dead flies etc and bits of tar and very very dirty , ( tar spots , because the french seem to be resurfacing roads everywhere , also using a lot of chippings , hope the paintwork hasn't suffered too much.

BrianF

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2015
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Hi LIne
Exp
Since 2015
Great thread this one - just planning our Trip to the same area in Aug/Sep for a couple of weeks. Great info
Thanks Fidget

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Been at Vouvray in Touraine.Started off at a free aire then moved to a municipal site €15 a night
Like the the slow pace of life-well had no choice because of the heat .
Moving towards Montlouis today from a mooch around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Jillytots , we've stopped there before , only about 4 spots , but like you , it was very hot when we were there , but being a tight I wouldn't pay for the c,site. Enjoy your trip , let u know where you are as you go.
Terry

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @Jillytots , we've stopped there before , only about 4 spots , but like you , it was very hot when we were there , but being a tight I wouldn't pay for the c,site. Enjoy your trip , let u know where you are as you go.
Terry
Yes it really grieved me to pay that much but when the weathers forecast 35 degrees I’ll do as little driving as possible.
Thanks, loving it so far first time to the Loire

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
@Jillytots was with us other single female "Floras" up to a few days ago then decided to branch out on her own. 3 of us are now at an aire in Ypres and have met @namwaldog who kindly fixed Chris's @Indy's bike chain which had spontaneously jumped off on the way to the (daily) evening ceremony at the Menin Gate.
FUNSTER FRIENDS RULE!
:Grin:

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Currently at Fontainebleau ( ile de France?) . Anyone have any idea of a non toll french itinerary as I travel back up towards Belgium in a few Days

Last edited:

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
It was great to spot a Funster decal on the back of your van, we have one in the front window but need to source an external one for the back (PM's on how to obtain would be cool!).

I did a little observation after you'd left the aire and found out that the code that is printed on your ticket when entering will raise the barrier for you when exiting.

Not as tight as I thought I was , tried to get a booking and was even prepared to pay any extra , but they were genuinely fully booked...

Not sure about that, we were booked on the 04:20 Sunday morning (as in Saturday night), were offered the 03:00 and drove through at least 3 carriages before stopping, no other vehicles pulled on behind us.

Hope to see you again.
Cheers
Red, Bannock and Chris.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @RedFrame ,
Thanks for your help at la mailleraye, as to rear funster sticker , I bought it at one of the shows from @Jim 's show Tent after getting free tea and bickies , cost 50 p if I remember correctly.
That's me all over , never read instructions , I will know for September's trip to look for the code .
We were sat at cite europe aire watching all traffic queuing for most of sat afternoon and late into the evening , it seemed to clear about 1pm, we had no prob Sunday morn at 10.
Glad you are all ok , and hope too meet up again in the future.
Terry ,Ann and ASBO our cocker.
By the way what about the little old french man , at the barrier , I think he must have come from a residential home (obviously not all there) what with him unable to speak at all and slapping the other English girl , also his pyjama bottoms falling down , Ann didn't know where to look.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Terry ,Ann and ASBO our cocker.

LOL, that made me laugh, with the noise that was emanating from your van I thought you had two in there!

By the way what about the little old french man , at the barrier , I think he must have come from a residential home (obviously not all there) what with him unable to speak at all and slapping the other English girl , also his pyjama bottoms falling down , Ann didn't know where to look.

Yeah, I have no idea where he came from nor where he wandered off to after the event, everything was tolerable until he slapped the lass, I think he got the message to quit the aggression though. I hope he's had a good life in the past and that his twilight years are not too painful for him, as he's clearly no longer able to enjoy life to the extent that we lucky people are.

Cheers
Red.

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi @FIDGET , I have only just come across this thread but am looking at heading in that general direction in September so thanks for posting it. You have shown us some nice places to visit.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Colin, @dbnosey
I don't use a book , I use camper contact app , cost's £5.99 I think , I connect via my mifi which is on the 3 network . Ther's more aire's on that app compared to the various books ,also it has good selection of reviews which if you click on translate it gives all the foreign reviews in english.
Terry

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi. @FIDGET. we are just starting to plan our first big trip to France in June and it’s been great to read your thread,so thank you sir!
We have three weeks to get down and back to a tiny village between Mazamet and Carcassonne where we used to have a house,so we won’t be able to see all you did,but hopefully some.
So much to see!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back