Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
As a prospective motorhomer, my plans have been brought forward unexpectedly and I'm looking to purchase this year. Having been an avid camper in my youth, I still love the outdoor, but find sleeping on the ground less and less comfortable due to a lower back problem. My partner bought a Vauxhall Vivaro van last year, which we have enjoyed sleeping in on caravan sites, but we now see the possibilities that a proper motorhome would offer us. I've done a lot of reading and researching about vehicles, but last weekend we visited a couple of dealers and saw some vehicles in the flesh, which was very educational! Our ideas changed a little and we're now researching again with different eyes. The prospect of having a home on wheels that we can potentially take across to France is very exciting! I've joined the website to glean more information from those with experience!

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Welcome !!

What a wise decision to join !

France is just a great place to MH in, as is Scotland, to where we will be going in 3 weeks time !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well you have definitely found the best place to learn everything you need to know and a lot you didn't need to know :ROFLMAO: welcome to the Fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hello and welcome. We just put down a deposit on what will be our third motorhome. The first was a minibus conversion, the second a huge 7.5 tonner, then due to changing circumstances we were without for nearly 13 years :cry: but the next vehicle will be a modern low profile.

There are loads of van variants out there so have fun looking.

Oh and a wave from the Scottish Borders!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Yep you have joined the best site if you need any answers or unsure on anything, :welcome:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
As a prospective motorhomer, my plans have been brought forward unexpectedly and I'm looking to purchase this year. Having been an avid camper in my youth, I still love the outdoor, but find sleeping on the ground less and less comfortable due to a lower back problem. My partner bought a Vauxhall Vivaro van last year, which we have enjoyed sleeping in on caravan sites, but we now see the possibilities that a proper motorhome would offer us. I've done a lot of reading and researching about vehicles, but last weekend we visited a couple of dealers and saw some vehicles in the flesh, which was very educational! Our ideas changed a little and we're now researching again with different eyes. The prospect of having a home on wheels that we can potentially take across to France is very exciting! I've joined the website to glean more information from those with experience!

Why ont you come to the Peterborough show on the 24th of this month and meet loads of us, you can glean all you need to know in the flesh so to speak, Regards Garry flatpackchicken

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome, good decision to join, now you have started to look properly, make a list of what you think you would like in the van, check the payload it could make a difference. Will you want to carry bike soon the back, if buying second hand buy one with the toys on, solar panel / Fiamma awning / Cycle rack. Will you want to carry a barbecue or tables and chairs for outside use, is there room to store them.

Try and get yourself to one of the Motorhome shows like the one at Peterborough . When you find one you think is for you go sit in it without the salesman imagine how you would get on inside on a wet day or in the evening, are you happy with the cooking area, it's things like these details that help your first van been the right van for you.

Good Luck, enjoy your search. :flyingwelcome:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome from across the border in Sunny Devon :Smile:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
welcome, ask and someone on here will know the answer. I love France, made for motorhomes :thumb:

OP
OP
Aminthule

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Thank you

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. I am excited about the prospects of owning a motorhome. I am an islander by birth (Isle of Wight), upbringing (childhood on the Isles of Scilly) and for part of my working life (I worked on Shetland for 17 years), but having returned to West Cornwall about 8 years ago I really do enjoy the ability to explore Britain and the possibility of getting to the Continent without a major ferry journey! The Peterborough show does sound temppting, but it's a long haul from here for a weekend! Maybe I'll get to the Newbury show is that's worth attending!:thumb:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome to the FUN :welcomefunster:
There is not a question you could ask that one (or more) of the guys and gals on here can't answer so don't be afraid to ask. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The prospect of having a home on wheels that we can potentially take across to France is very exciting! I've joined the website to glean more information from those with experience!

You got it in one, you don't need us, ask Jim for a refund.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, if you have a van by August why not trot on up to North Devon and join us for the Ilfracombe summer rally, lots going on and I will be available to run you through 12v usage, solar power etc should you still have questions. There is also an Island trip planned to Lundy "Puffin Island" if you fancy that. If you don't have a van then a day trip is not too far and if our caravan has not sold by then that will be available for hire on site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back