me and me dream (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hello folks
I'm currently renting an appartment in central Manchester and do shows nationally, though mainly in the north west, I want to full time in an RV primarily for financial reasons, sick of spending 8 grand a year to live here, dead money etc.. At the mo I have a conversion which I aim to sell now in march and get something big to live in, just need finance and the balls to drive a BIG UN. I must admit its my dream but it all looks too complicated, insurance, parking, etc. etc. I dont want to go down the road of having a run of the mill swift what ever like thousands of others, fresh off the conveyor belt, more something with character, a big black tour bus type thing would be Ideal.
Anyways any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Oh PS I made a pilot for my own cookery / chat show situated in motorhome / RV but has yet hasn't been commissioned

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hiya Winnie

Good luck in your search for a MH......
Look forward to seeing your chat show!

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi Wynnie.

New here myself, so hopefully we'll learn off each other.

Love the idea of MH cookery show - How about the occassional item on here to make our mouths water?

Best of luck with your dream - they can come true - trust me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Help

well march is here, the lack of work means I still have me panel van conversion, with damage now worth next to nowt, still stuck in a rutt of trying to keep the landlord and the bailiffs from the door. Having had a few unpleasant experiences wild camping over the winter and permenant illness all I seem to do is dream about full timing . I cant get any television companies to take my " drag queen entertaining in a winnebago Idea....UUGGHH I just need a few grand and sum one to hold me hand for a few days till I make the change but cant get either. Looks like its a life of living on benefits in sum grubby high rise for me the, how depressing eh .

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Winnie, chin up mate don't give up, I am sure that one of the RV Dealers might let you film in a big posh RV for an afternoon, especially for a bit of free advertising. I can give you a list of dealers to email if you like.:Smile:

Meanwhile you might find a film maker Link Removed or <here>

best of luck:thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Jims right Winnie. How long did it take Disney to get there. What he did not do was give in. JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter in a cafe she was so poor!

Think of a bread and butter job to keep you fueled until you make the break.

Fulltiming does not need to be in an expensive motorhome/RV. I know fulltimers who do it in a panel van conversion. I know others who use a caravan. One chap spent 2 years in a 16 foot caravan. He has now bought a £12000 super duper one and his first one, which is still in good nick he is selling for about £600.

So for under a grand and for £250 a month you could be on the road

stew

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hi

Jims right Winnie. How long did it take Disney to get there. What he did not do was give in. JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter in a cafe she was so poor!

Think of a bread and butter job to keep you fueled until you make the break.

Fulltiming does not need to be in an expensive motorhome/RV. I know fulltimers who do it in a panel van conversion. I know others who use a caravan. One chap spent 2 years in a 16 foot caravan. He has now bought a £12000 super duper one and his first one, which is still in good nick he is selling for about £600.

So for under a grand and for £250 a month you could be on the road

stew

unfortunately due to various health reasons I need a certain amount of home comforts, decent bed, loo, constant electricity etc. and I need a lot of space for my costumes etc, I do a drag act. Im trying for a loan at the mo but with this credit crunch I dont hold much hope. A buddy would help, sumeone to help me make the plunge...I got a big carpark if anyone fancies a week in central manchester ?????? 3 square meals a day ??????

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
update

well i bought this -

Link Removed

Ive given up my flat, and this weekend go full time. I cant say im excited, more worried, about everything, the busses reliability, finances or the lack there of, finding good wild camping spots etc.
Theres sooo much to do... am I mad ?
Is there anyone else out there in the North west that wild camps full time ?

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Good luck to you and have FUN:thumb::Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good Luck Winnie,:thumb: I Hope the bus runs OK, any problems get back here, there are plenty who will be able to help.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Wow.

That looks like a great Bus you've got there.

All the best and follow your Dreams.:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back