me and me dream

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nahnotme, Sep 26, 2007.

1. nahnotme

nahnotme

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello folks
    I'm currently renting an appartment in central Manchester and do shows nationally, though mainly in the north west, I want to full time in an RV primarily for financial reasons, sick of spending 8 grand a year to live here, dead money etc.. At the mo I have a conversion which I aim to sell now in march and get something big to live in, just need finance and the balls to drive a BIG UN. I must admit its my dream but it all looks too complicated, insurance, parking, etc. etc. I dont want to go down the road of having a run of the mill swift what ever like thousands of others, fresh off the conveyor belt, more something with character, a big black tour bus type thing would be Ideal.
    Anyways any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
    Oh PS I made a pilot for my own cookery / chat show situated in motorhome / RV but has yet hasn't been commissioned

2. RockieRV

RockieRV Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya Winnie

Good luck in your search for a MH......
    Look forward to seeing your chat show!

3. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Wynnie.

New here myself, so hopefully we'll learn off each other.

Love the idea of MH cookery show - How about the occassional item on here to make our mouths water?

Best of luck with your dream - they can come true - trust me!

4. nahnotme

nahnotme

Ratings:
    +0
    Help

well march is here, the lack of work means I still have me panel van conversion, with damage now worth next to nowt, still stuck in a rutt of trying to keep the landlord and the bailiffs from the door. Having had a few unpleasant experiences wild camping over the winter and permenant illness all I seem to do is dream about full timing . I cant get any television companies to take my " drag queen entertaining in a winnebago Idea....UUGGHH I just need a few grand and sum one to hold me hand for a few days till I make the change but cant get either. Looks like its a life of living on benefits in sum grubby high rise for me the, how depressing eh .

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +99,314
    Hi Winnie, chin up mate don't give up, I am sure that one of the RV Dealers might let you film in a big posh RV for an afternoon, especially for a bit of free advertising. I can give you a list of dealers to email if you like.:Smile:

Meanwhile you might find a film maker <here> or <here>

best of luck:thumb:

6. artona

artona

Ratings:
    +691
    Hi

Jims right Winnie. How long did it take Disney to get there. What he did not do was give in. JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter in a cafe she was so poor!

Think of a bread and butter job to keep you fueled until you make the break.

Fulltiming does not need to be in an expensive motorhome/RV. I know fulltimers who do it in a panel van conversion. I know others who use a caravan. One chap spent 2 years in a 16 foot caravan. He has now bought a £12000 super duper one and his first one, which is still in good nick he is selling for about £600.

So for under a grand and for £250 a month you could be on the road

stew

7. nahnotme

nahnotme

Ratings:
    +0
    unfortunately due to various health reasons I need a certain amount of home comforts, decent bed, loo, constant electricity etc. and I need a lot of space for my costumes etc, I do a drag act. Im trying for a loan at the mo but with this credit crunch I dont hold much hope. A buddy would help, sumeone to help me make the plunge...I got a big carpark if anyone fancies a week in central manchester ?????? 3 square meals a day ??????

8. nahnotme

nahnotme

Ratings:
    +0
    update

well i bought this -

Motorhome beautifully converted by a coachbuilder on eBay, also, Campervans Motorhomes, Campers, Caravans Motorhomes, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 24-Apr-08 09:26:31 BST)

Ive given up my flat, and this weekend go full time. I cant say im excited, more worried, about everything, the busses reliability, finances or the lack there of, finding good wild camping spots etc.
    Theres sooo much to do... am I mad ?
    Is there anyone else out there in the North west that wild camps full time ?

9. dylan

dylan

Ratings:
    +569
    Good luck to you and have FUN:thumb::Smile:

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +99,314
    Good Luck Winnie,:thumb: I Hope the bus runs OK, any problems get back here, there are plenty who will be able to help.

11. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +14,640
    Hi welcome aboard and good luck with your venture. ::bigsmile:

12. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156
    Wow.

That looks like a great Bus you've got there.

All the best and follow your Dreams.:Cool: