Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Looking ahead after leaving Oliva tomorrow.Need ideas on sites near Los Alcazares area to meet friends.Cannot get through to Camping Mar Menor..Then onto Mojacar.Thinking about El Cantal,El quinto.,anyone been? Then onto Cabo de Gata.So sites with electric please.
Unfortuntaley the toilets here are being renovated as from today and the noise is unbearable,so need to move on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Thanks Oscar.If you have been,is it near restaurants etc? Also looking at autocaravans Los Alcazares.That seems to be easier access to town?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,just arrived back in uk yesterday????. Last week i stayed at Los Narejos in Los Alcazares , good site and close to shops n beach.
Cheers Cris.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
There's a restaurant on site, we didn't use it but it looked very nice. It was @40 minute walk along the boardwalk to Los Alcazares which has a good selection of shops, bars etc, 20/25 minute cycle ride. Take plenty of insect repellent with you - the gnats,/mozzis we're wicked! Very good facilities but nothing in the immediate area. Next to the Spanish equivalent of the Red Arrows, so very entertaining and at the moment, excellent value for money

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Hi, we were at Camping Mar Menor two weeks ago but didn’t like it much. I’m afraid that it just wasn’t our sort of site, way too big and our pitch was directly onto the road running through the campsite which we thought was very busy.
A favourite site of ours is Camping El Cantal in Mojacar, we’ve never had to book in advance and enjoy the fact that the pitches are not laid out and you can pass straight through the tunnel and under the road and you’re on the beach (the dogs love it)! You have to accept that the shower blocks are dated but clean. As you leave the campsite if you turn right and head along to a row of shops and restaurants you will see that one of them is called Zaika, it’s fantastic, Spanish fusion food like no other menu I’ve seen in Spain. When we go to Mojacar we always eat there and have never been disappointed, by the way it’s less than 15 euros for three courses! We also love the Pueblo (the white washed town on the hill) and you can get a bus up from the sea front for a few euros.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Many people we know use Los Escullos in Cabo de Gata. I can't give a personal recommendation though.
Apparently quite busy as camping Cabo de Gata had a very serious flood back in September and lots of their long stayers have gone over there.
Camping Cabo is now open again and all facilities we had a couple of weeks there last month.?

OP
OP
J

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Pugsy. I think Los Narejos and Los Alcazares sites are the same.We looked today after your recommendation.Think that may be the first port of call.
Dodged a bullet on way down.We were looking to call into Haro as we had heard how beautiful it is but,last minute decided to carry on,Whole town is in lock down now after huge funeral and now Coronavirus!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We have visited a camping site Carrrerera Cabo de Gata - San Jose, Km.15.100, 04117, Almería, Spain many times. Not expensive but has everything including an excellent restaurant and a good library.

Deleted User
Never heard of that one and we have visited Los Escullos and San Jose many times in the past. Location or website if possible please.

Deleted User
I think that I have got it now, the Motorhome Park.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
J

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
We are in Mojacar,south east, and moving on in a few days.more south.
Site is El Quinto and going to look at El Cantal later,on beach.?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back